Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Very nice looking work!

Old 10-23-2015, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Interested in seeing pictures of your RSR finish also. Is this finish the same price per wheel? DO you charge more for wider Fuchs?
Old 10-24-2015, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to irl
I have two sets to send immediately if you could show your RSR finish.
71 911T running sweet
63 356 outlaw frustrating purists
Old 10-29-2015, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhart View Post
Nice wheel. I see a little curb rash at 4:00 o'clock, otherwise it is almost there. We can do that one for only thirty dollars since it just needs a little touch up.
This would be a great demo wheel to showcase the work you do,

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 10-30-2015, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Perhaps this this lack of response is an indication of their communication? I also have a set of wheels ready to ship - pending answers & pictures.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Yea I'm scared already unfortunately but need to get a couple of sets done.
71 911T running sweet
Old 11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

He did post a phone number...
2004 R32
Old 11-02-2015, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Competizione View Post
Perhaps this this lack of response is an indication of their communication? I also have a set of wheels ready to ship - pending answers & pictures.
Comp
No reason to worry. I've been at the SEMA show this week and had to deal with PP corruption of my password for a few days before that. And as DML points out above there is a working phone number for texts and phone calls. You will get your RSR finish photo next time we do that finish which should be in another week or so.
Rick
Old 11-06-2015, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dml View Post
He did post a phone number...
Thank you Dave.
Rick
Old 11-06-2015, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
More cars than sense

I spoke with Rick on the phone and also emailed with him. He's been very responsive. No reason for worry here.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
I would also be interested in RSR finish pics and whether you can do a polished finish similar to what appears in the pics in the original post but in a very high polish(almost like chrome).
Old 11-06-2015, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
I would also be interested in having a set done in RSR finish. Looking forward to pictures.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR711 View Post
I would also be interested in RSR finish pics and whether you can do a polished finish similar to what appears in the pics in the original post but in a very high polish(almost like chrome).
RSR finish wheels coming in a couple of weeks. Here is a shot of a polished wheel. (Wheel on left is standard finish) These two sets shipped out today.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irl View Post
I have two sets to send immediately if you could show your RSR finish.
Eddie

Here are pix of the RSR style finish. We call these RSR "Style" because the frost portion is slightly darker than the original finish. There seems to be a trend towards this darker finish. We have two sets of these on real RSR cars including one that has a magazine article done on the car recently. If you elect to use our service please specify lighter or darker finish. We can also do colors on RSR wheels at extra cost.
Rick
(831) 241-4144 call or text

Old 11-11-2015, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Glad to hear you are legit, Ernie's Alloys royally burned me (flat out stole my wheels & money) so I am a bit cautious about sending any of my priced Fuchs off, as anyone who knows me, knows that I don't part with any of them.

Can you fix this one?? How much??

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 11-11-2015, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbvd View Post
Glad to hear you are legit, Ernie's Alloys royally burned me (flat out stole my wheels & money) so I am a bit cautious about sending any of my priced Fuchs off, as anyone who knows me, knows that I don't part with any of them.

Can you fix this one?? How much??

Hi Byron
I don't blame you for being careful. I'm 48 years doing Porsches and have seen the hobby go from (in the early days) a group of hobbyists all of whom trusted and traded with each other to an environment where we now have to have a list on each of the Pelican type sites of the latest cheats and scammers.

Your wheel can be fixed if it is not cracked. I would suggest removing the tire and giving it a good exam so you don't waste shipping money on a wheel that cannot be repaired. It would be $110 to repair it in addition the restoration.

I like your photo of the Secret Hoard of Fuchs
Let me know of further needs.
Rick
(831) 241-4144
Old 11-11-2015, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
Rick,
Could you PM me your shipping address and estimate or email so we can start that way. A discussed I have
9 and 11 x 15 set
8 and 10 x 15 set
set of flat sixes

all with the darker rsr finish ready to send out to you, One wheel needs a pinhole weld/old weld cleanup
71 911T running sweet
Old 11-11-2015, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Fuchs

I sent you a PM last night. Let me know if you did not receive it.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

I just used this company. They are great to deal with. Great communication, great product. I would highly recommend them. They turned my wheels around in a week. Unbelievable!
Sheridan Motorsports
Old 11-17-2015, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

I just used these guys. They are great. Great communication and incredably fast turn around. They polished my wheels in a week. Very high quality work. I would highly reccomend using them.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: