Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wheels

Harvey has a 6 to 8 month back log for wheel restoration. this might be the way to go
Old 11-17-2015, 10:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

You can see a thread on Early 911 Registry showing photos and testimonials regarding our work.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?116752-Wheel-refinishing&highlight=Wheel+refinishing
Old 12-23-2015, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to irl
I have three sets, just need to get my ass in gear and ship them to you.
71 911T running sweet
63 356 outlaw frustrating purists
Old 12-23-2015, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

I have used these guys, and they are great. High quality work and fast turn around.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Can you deal with returning chromed wheels back to the factory finish? The wheels in question are 16" x 7 & 8" and the chrome is in good shape, no pitting, I just can't stand the look.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2015, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguitars View Post
Can you deal with returning chromed wheels back to the factory finish? The wheels in question are 16" x 7 & 8" and the chrome is in good shape, no pitting, I just can't stand the look.

Thanks
Hi
Actually the pitting is under the chrome. Nature of the beast. We can do them but they more than if they were original or polished finish because of the increased amount of labor working all the pitting out. They can be taken to Polish and paint for $150. If not chromed this would only be $110. They can be taken to anodized for $240. Normally $200 if not chromed.
I hope this helps. More info on the website:
http://www.porschewheelservices.com/

Merry Christmas
Rick
Old 12-23-2015, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Thanks Rick, I'll get in touch after the holidays! I've been putting this off due to the long wait times and many un-returned phone calls from others. Glad to know you're in the loop now with wheel refinishing.

Merry Christmas to you too!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Ignoring the customer seems to have been part of the process until we came along. It is a complaint we hear on a daily basis. Some of our customers have lost control of their wheels for as much as two years and are still ignored. Wheels are an important part of our beloved cars and should not have to spend time in wheel purgatory. Hence we decided early on to do all steps of the process in house on state of the art equipment. Wheels are usually back on your car in about a month.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

I just had a set of Fuchs refinished by Rick Hartbrodt in original finish. Took six weeks door to door. They look killer. Highly recommend him.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
From the time Rick received my wheels he repaired the curb rash and scuffs and did an awesome polished finish in a two week turnaround! My wheels were returned to me very well packed in new boxes. Talk about being highly pleased!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Had the opportunity to spend some time with Rick last weekend at the L.A. events. Very good guy and obviously cares about taking care of his customers. He just did another couple sets for me for my 72T and my 76 Turbo. What a huge difference seeing my beautifully refinished wheels come back to me in a matter of weeks instead of months (or longer).
Old 03-09-2016, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to irl
rick, just sent you a text to your number above. Need your address and a quote please for 5 flat sixes in RSR finish.
71 911T running sweet
63 356 outlaw frustrating purists
Old 05-02-2016, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Pelican Parts Vendor

Hi Rick, can you do a set of Weissach Fuchs with the gold centers? How much would those be?
Follow us on Instagram @Rennline
Old 05-02-2016, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
Just got my Fuchs back from Rick and they look amazing! Very happy with the result and Rick will do whatever it takes to get it right. Will get my Speedline ruf done next
Old 05-09-2016, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennline View Post
Hi Rick, can you do a set of Weissach Fuchs with the gold centers? How much would those be?
Sorry for slow response I don't check this thread often. Sorry we can currently only do standard blacks. The colors were holding us up and we are trying to hold your down time to a min. and quality to a max.
Rick
Old 05-09-2016, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Science is NOT optional

What boxes/packing do you recommend/use for shipping?
Old 05-09-2016, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbogh901 View Post
I think I put more info on website: PorscheWheelServices.com
But the easiest way is go to Home Depot and get a 20x20x10 box for each wheel or 20x20x20 for a pair. A Big box with 4 wheels is pushing it. Slip cardboard between wheel and side of box for protection. Be sure to email me for an order form that follows your wheel through the process. Rick356@icloud.com
Cheers
Rick
Old 05-09-2016, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbogh901 View Post
I use 2 large moving box from OSH (18x18x24) and stuff lots package material (paper/bubble wraps) in the box to prevent it from shuffle around during shipping.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

rick nice work after my deep sixes land I'm sending my 4.5x15 bummer they been chromed I'm sure you will make them right aloha
356 Registry member #19805

'77 turbo carrera
'59 sunroof coupe
'90 964 C4
Old 05-09-2016, 10:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbrake View Post
rick nice work after my deep sixes land I'm sending my 4.5x15 bummer they been chromed I'm sure you will make them right aloha
This must be Greg. I gave Leslie the wheels this morning to ship. Once wheels are chromed they can be dicey as they usually have pitting under the chrome. 80 or 90% come out fine once pitting is removed assuming it is not too bad.
Aloha
03 996 Turbo, '05 997 Cpe, 944 Full Race prep
PCA Member since 1971
Old 05-10-2016, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: