Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I have to add my 2 cents, I paid for a steering wheel from noboco around 12/1. It shipped out 12/4. Tracking updates continued until 12/17 at which point the package seemed to disappear in New York. I have been attempting to work with noboco to resolve the situation, but communications from him are spotty at best. He is really hurting his business with poor customer service...

Old 01-07-2016, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Banned

I think that's a Usps deal. It'll show up. Mine took a month and not his fault. Tracking with our post office sucks at best.

After I typed the post above I emailed pawel about a steering wheel adapter ring that he promised me last month and after I sent email I got a loud knock on front door. Son answered said mailman needed my sig. It was pawels wheel adapter.

Stand up guy. Will always buy with him.

Last edited by vintagecarlover; 01-07-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Old 01-07-2016, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

I've met both Pawel and Wojtek in person - in UK at "Classics at the Castle" - nice guys, and v.commited to producing what you might want [currently a custom orange logo for my glovebox lid ]
Anyone who does not realise that a two man business is not f***ing Amazon should get real and try running a business like this themslves.
Clearly if 50% of the workforce is sick it WILL have an impact!
Did you think of picking up the phone before posting this negative stuff or would it be too difficult for you to place a "foreign" call?
Lots of artisans doing cool small volume stuff here- mostly US based- unsurpisingly I've had my frustrations with them too - including a potentially lethal HID conversion [from a "name " business that's not making them any more] - comes with the territory.............
Go buy your stickers on ebay..........................Carbone are good guys!

Last edited by anglophone1; 01-07-2016 at 02:30 PM..
Old 01-07-2016, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Bought from them with great service, price and quality.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm01 View Post
Bought from them with great service, price and quality.
+1 here...have made several purchases without a glitch. He even did an emissions sticker for me that I had been hunting for years. Amazing. Bear with him on the international customs and duty issues. Most of that is out of his control. Good luck.
Lyle.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I've met both Pawel and Wojtek in person - in UK at "Classics at the Castle" - nice guys, and v.commited to producing what you might want [currently a custom orange logo for my glovebox lid ]
Anyone who does not realise that a two man business is not f***ing Amazon should get real and try running a business like this themslves.
Clearly if 50% of the workforce is sick it WILL have an impact!
Did you think of picking up the phone before posting this negative stuff or would it be too difficult for you to place a "foreign" call?
Lots of artisans doing cool small volume stuff here- mostly US based- unsurpisingly I've had my frustrations with them too - including a potentially lethal HID conversion [from a "name " business that's not making them any more] - comes with the territory.............
Go buy your stickers on ebay..........................Carbone are good guys!
Wow, you sure are passionate. I was just closing the loop so that others would know I eventually got my decals and what my experience was with respect to their communications. I am well aware that that they are not "f...ing Amazon" and am also quite capable of placing an international call. I do it most days for work actually. My frustration lies with them saying they will do something and not follow through...repeatedly. Hopefully Pawel takes the e-mail I sent him as constructive criticism, his products seem to be very nice.

David
'98 Jeep Wrangler
Old 01-07-2016, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Just bought some engine compartment decals today from them and then saw this. I will give them an opportunity at my business just like anyone else. Looks like they have some quality decaIs etc. That's hopefully worth waiting for...
Old 01-07-2016, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglophone1 View Post
That's a ridiculous comment. I've purchased from this seller probably half a dozen times and, while the quality has always been excellent, there have certainly been times that communication could have been better.

How many employees a business has is irrelevant. I've run ecommerce companies with two employees and with hundreds of employees - and companies I've founded are closing in on $1 billion (with a B) in online transactions. I can promise you that ALL of my customers received better service than it appears some of car bone's customers have no matter how busy we were or how many employees we had. The bottom line is that business owners have a responsibility to only accept the business they can effectively service. End of story.

My personal experience with car bone makes me of the opinion that these are good guys who are a little overwhelmed and that they'll take responsibility for the poor service received by the OP. But not being Amazon isn't an excuse to break your promises or ignore your customers and anyone who thinks it is doesn't have the first idea how selling online works.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

^Amen.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to noboco
Hi all,

I am really sorry about not getting back to some of you yet.

The amount of orders we received in December got us a bit overwhelmed, but we are consistently getting up to date with all orders and messages.

I would just like to ask you for patience. Being part of this community is very important to us, and we want to provide as good a service as possible

Cheers!

Engine DECALS in accordance with ORIGINAL
Check my thread "FS Reproduction of engine decals"
Old 01-08-2016, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Cars Ruined My Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by noboco View Post
Hi all,

I am really sorry about not getting back to some of you yet.

The amount of orders we received in December got us a bit overwhelmed, but we are consistently getting up to date with all orders and messages.

I would just like to ask you for patience. Being part of this community is very important to us, and we want to provide as good a service as possible

Cheers!
You need to charge people more money and send items via DHL or FedEx/UPS. This will save you headaches. Some people act like they bought a life support machine. American market is filled with consumers with entitlements, they give you a penny and they want it yesterday. No chills. And then they become ****ing online retail experts because they know how all works already. Like I told you, $1 item, charge them $35.00 to ship from Poland, and when they *****, send this link. They won't shut up, but will complain less.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Banned

Maninblack. Ecommerce from Poland where shipping items within 72 hrs is then out of his control with slow postal and 7 hrs time difference is NOT the same as ecommerce from Miami or Austin with a dozen ways to ship that control is finite.

I've dealt with guys who act like a station wagon full of 7 yr olds on vacation who yell for 6 hours "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?" Just like some idiots do when asking every 6 hrs where their parts is for 30 days and then wonder why they're is a 'lack of communication'??

Let's admit it folks, most guys are kewl to deal with and then some buyers wouldn't be happy if the parts were delivered by limo full of naked horny super models.
If there's slow shipping and you know it, wait for the damn part to arrive. If slow shipping and you didn't know that, it's buyers fault for not researching the seller. Caveat emptor, eh?
It's not like the seller is a thief and I think we all know this part.
I hate to say it but there's a few whiny asz complainers who are entirely too quick to author threads blasting a seller while they're waiting and even more guys who pile on because they aren't smart enough to see they don't have a dog in the fight. Nothing like a good mob mentality, worked for Ronald denney back in the la riots. Piling on? Jeezsh. Gimme a break ova here!

Ok. I got that off my chest. I feel much better now. LoL

Last edited by vintagecarlover; 01-08-2016 at 09:11 AM..
Old 01-08-2016, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecarlover View Post
Maninblack. Ecommerce from Poland where shipping items within 72 hrs is then out of his control with slow postal and 7 hrs time difference is NOT the same as ecommerce from Miami or Austin with a dozen ways to ship that control is finite.

I've dealt with guys who act like a station wagon full of 7 yr olds on vacation who yell for 6 hours "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?" Just like some idiots do when asking every 6 hrs where their parts is for 30 days and then wonder why they're is a 'lack of communication'??

Let's admit it folks, most guys are kewl to deal with and then some buyers wouldn't be happy if the parts were delivered by limo full of naked horny super models.
If there's slow shipping and you know it, wait for the damn part to arrive. If slow shipping and you didn't know that, it's buyers fault for not researching the seller. Caveat emptor, eh?
It's not like the seller is a thief and I think we all know this part.
I hate to say it but there's a few whiny asz complainers who are entirely too quick to author threads blasting a seller while they're waiting and even more guys who pile on because they aren't smart enough to see they don't have a dog in the fight. Nothing like a good mob mentality, worked for Ronald denney back in the la riots. Piling on? Jeezsh. Gimme a break ova here!

Ok. I got that off my chest. I feel much better now. LoL
Which is what I was saying but I'm not so eloquent,,,,,,,
C
Old 01-08-2016, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecarlover View Post
I'm aware of that. But that has nothing to do with the case at hand. The problem here is communication and the seller has already admitted his mistakes. Let's hope it can be rectified as I agree with everyone else that their product is excellent.

Last edited by maninblack; 01-08-2016 at 10:55 AM..
Old 01-08-2016, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Slow shipping and communication are two totally separate things. Not that hard to differentiate. Small shop, blah, blah, blah. Got it. Responding to a customer: size is irrelevant.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam N View Post
Slow shipping and communication are two totally separate things. Not that hard to differentiate. Small shop, blah, blah, blah. Got it. Responding to a customer: size is irrelevant.

My order arrived on yesterday, was placed around the beginning 4th of Dec.. given the Holiday rush, and the fact that we are dealing with international shipping, I expected at least some delay... and there was. UPS lost the invoice and the package sat in their warehouse until they finally notified Noboco.

Follow-up from Wojtek was very reasonable given the work hour differential between the US and Poland.. and the fact that they had not been promptly notified by UPS. We figured it out, they took care of it.. and all is well.

Product is as advertised and I cant wait to get the decals in place... Look forward to Noboco supplying decals for several more projects in the pipeline.

Cheers,

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 01-12-2016, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Registered

I ordered a Raid steering wheel on 11/22 that has yet to arrive.....I am trying to track it down as it appears to be stuck in New York.

regards,
al
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 01-12-2016, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by al lkosmal View Post
I ordered a Raid steering wheel on 11/22 that has yet to arrive.....I am trying to track it down as it appears to be stuck in New York.

regards,
al
Ditto, I too ordered a Raid wheel on Dec 11, based on tracking it has been sitting in NY since Christmas. This is not noboco's doing, but it is frustrating. I've made several purchases from Japan in the last year and have been amazed that delivery was less than two weeks. Go figure...
Old 01-12-2016, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

I know this isnt necessarily a feedback thread for Carbone but.... I purchase a couple of stickers from them, granted in NO RUSH and received them about 3 weeks later. I follow them on instagram and that is how i found out about them. I really wanted to order a bunch of stuff because the products them make look REALLY COOL!!! I ended up ordering the window graphic (PORSCHE) and a rally graphic with my name. Pretty damn cool if you ask me. Anyways, I was expecting it to take along time. I was really excited to order something from the community. I must say, my expectations were exceeded. I have never seen something so neatly packed. I almost felt bad tearing it apart, like an early christmas present i felt the need to open slowly to keep the wrapping. The quality of the stickers was/is amazing. I can tell that there are people that care about this community backing these products and for me that is something i was willing to be patient for... And well because I know USPS isnt that awesome... they dont call it going postal for no reason.. Anyways Kudos to the guys at CarBone, keep up the great work. I WILL be ordering from them again. The small guys make the community, im HAPPY to support them ANY day! Just my .02!

cheeRS,
Will
Old 01-12-2016, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Registered

Hey Al and wertygrog, I had the same issue and it turned out to be a USPS issue.
They screwed up so badly on mine that the wheel ended up making it out to Los Angeles only to have the label separated from the package, and the package was shipped back to Pawel. The label made it's way to me in a plastic bag from USPS saying "sorry"

It was not Pawel's screw-up.. it was our trusty USPS. Pawel got back to me pretty quickly. Turns out the wheel was undamaged and just got shipped back for some reason - and it's on it's way back out to me now - Car Bone is eating the shipping charges.

I will buy from them again - good dudes, and from what I've seen the sticker products they produce are high-quality.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: