Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 1.57 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianrsr View Post
I did get the email from UPS w/ tracking today, but still nothing from you personally. Nothing got filtered to the junk folder either. Regardless, I am glad this is being rectified.
thanks Julian, I don't know what to say, I simply hit reply when responding to your emails and I used the same email addy with UPS.
Regardless, I too am glad this is getting resolved and I am fulfilling your order.

Regards,

Todd

todd@helioncomposites.com
www.helioncomposites.com
Old 01-04-2019, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996AE View Post
Todd, PM me.

I am interested in buying your business.
I'm curious, PM sent

Todd

www.helioncomposites.com
Old 01-04-2019, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

Garage
email sent
Old 01-05-2019, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996AE View Post
email sent
Received.

Will email you in a while. Dealing with a malware issue that has my email send ability hosed up at the moment. Kinda explains why others have not received messages I've sent.

Thanks,

Todd

www.helioncomposites.com
Old 01-05-2019, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

Garage
I'm calking my purchase up as a loss and will be putting a claim into my card company today

Done playing around with this nonsense
Old 01-11-2019, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWLoosenuts View Post
I'm calking my purchase up as a loss and will be putting a claim into my card company today

Done playing around with this nonsense
Well since I paid with PayPal and through "friends" and family I'm screwed.

I guess I continue to wait to see what happens on your end Todd as my build is at your mercy.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

Garage
This guys excuses are never ending and get more bizarre by the minute. I feel for you guys. Tim
Old 01-11-2019, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWLoosenuts View Post
Well since I paid with PayPal and through "friends" and family I'm screwed.

I guess I continue to wait to see what happens on your end Todd as my build is at your mercy.

just received a text that mine is crated and waiting scheduling of pick up.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)

For those carbon lovers out there....there is a possibility that Mark Arsenal, the founder of Fatlace and the guy that brought RWB to the US may bring this next!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsgb24rHrUB/
Old 01-11-2019, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
sexy
Old 01-11-2019, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

Todd,
An update on mine would be appreciated. You had said it would ship early this week.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Are there others also waiting on items from Todd? Has anyone been in touch with him? Has anyone received anything from him lately?

I've been patient with the delays in receiving two carbon hoods, but he's suddenly gone radio silent. No response from messages left on his helion.com, gmail, and voicemail. I have a credit card chargeback option available, but would much prefer for this to have a happy ending.

Todd, you were logged into pelican just a few hours ago. What's going on?
Old 01-15-2019, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickd View Post
Are there others also waiting on items from Todd? Has anyone been in touch with him? Has anyone received anything from him lately?

I've been patient with the delays in receiving two carbon hoods, but he's suddenly gone radio silent. No response from messages left on his helion.com, gmail, and voicemail. I have a credit card chargeback option available, but would much prefer for this to have a happy ending.

Nick,

Bear with me. I too would like to see a happy outcome for all parties.
I owe you and several others a call and a status update. I'll reach out as soon as I have a moment to clear my head.

I'm traveling for day job at the moment and trying to keep a handle on the back orders. It's a challenge.
I haven't gone radio silent on purpose.
I'll get back to everyone as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience,

Todd

www.helioncomposites.com
Old 01-15-2019, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)

Glad you're alive! I'm understanding of just about everything, except silence. Send me an update asap please.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)

Todd,
I would also appreciate an update. My patience with this is coming to an end. Our last communication by text was that the hood would ship last week. I've texted you and have gotten no update. Communication is key but follow through on your promises is even more important.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)

Quote:

If I were you, I'd get your money back from the credit card company and then have Todd ship COD.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)

^ This.

It took me 5 months to get my deposit back after being told initially it'd be a few days. This was with near weekly ignored phone calls and emails from me to Todd.

It wasn't till I told him I would share my story with the forum that he replied, and even then, I was given excuse after excuse from him losing a contract for Singer, to having his ID stolen, to having his employee being ill then leaving - the BS never ends

He was quick and prompt to reply to every phone call and email prior to sending payment. After payment? 2+ weeks to reply back with some other excuse.

Strongly advise all buyers if you can initiate a PayPal or credit card chargeback to do so. It's not his first time doing this.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)

Garage
I can not believe this is still going on. I feel bad for all parties involved. I know what your going through.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)
Engine Case Guy

I think there are two parties at fault here: One of them is Todd, and his failings have been laid out in explicit detail.

The other, however, is Pelican themselves. Pelican REFUSES to allow other vendors to hawk their stuff on this site via threads, and many such threads get shut down. I know, because someone started a thread on my rebuildable piston squirters and all I did was respond, and the thread was subsequently removed because it felt salesy in the opinion of Pelican.

By not encouraging outside vendors to pay for a vendor account (Like over at Rennlist), Pelican allows some of these fly by night folks to slip through the cracks and burn customers rather than making them full fledged vendors who are accountable to Pelican.

Rennlist has many faults, but one of their successes is closely monitoring sales activity. There, if you are selling something - even stuff you made yourself in your garage, you are a VENDOR, plain and simple. And Internet Brands will yank your stuff if you get too many complaints. Its not a huge amount of protection, but its better than the ZERO protection and accountability that Pelican provides by allowing black marketers to flourish within threads with titles that don't provoke further inspection by moderators.

Pelican needs to step up and patrol this. It's not possible to submit every last item to a Pelican buyer for review and inclusion into the online catalog. But they can regulate small, cottage industry sellers like Todd.
Current: 1970 914-6 conversion 2.7, 1973 T, 1975 930 Turbo Targa, 1978 928 Race car, 6.57L, 1983 911SC, 1987 928S4 5 speed, 2002 911 Targa, 2007 997TT, 2009 997TT, 2004 40th Anniversary Carrera, Mclaren 570S and 12C

Only reproduction 3.6 cases on the planet www.taorminaracingdesigns.com
Old 01-16-2019, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

Still waiting for my hood

I did get a text message with a picture that "mine" was crated and ready to ship last Friday. Messaged him Monday on shipping statues.. Nothing replied as of yet.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: