Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 1.57 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I still have faith in receiving my order from Todd.

Communication may be lacking but I feel if he was planning to bail and shaft everyone he wouldn't choose to come on here and continue to post.

We all have fallen into "the slump" before and from what I've read and gathered through ALL these posts is. Even though some people may have waited months for their order and was not happy with the wait time or communication you still received your item and the item was as it seemed. I haven't found anyone yet that has been "screwed" by not receiving their item.

I say that with being a little upset at this lengthy process myself but I fell confident I will be made whole in the end.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

Garage
Well its been another $hity month waiting on this damn hood and frankly I'm F%$KING pissed about it.

I've come to the realization that I've been swindled and I will never received either my money back or my hood.

Good luck to those that are continuing to waiting.

I've chalked it up as a lose and moving forward with my build as I will be purchasing a new hood next week as the front for my build has been completely on hold since October waiting for this hood.

Had known 14 days would have turned into almost 5 months with still no sign of my hood in sight. well yeah. sad part is my dumbass paid friends and family with PayPal so I screwed myself on top of it all.

26 years of building cars and this is my first time being screwed. Hope you spent my money on something that made you happy and you find salvation in life Todd

Last edited by VWLoosenuts; 02-22-2019 at 08:30 AM..
Old 02-22-2019, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)

Go figure
Old 02-22-2019, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

People get in over their heads whether it's underestimating material cost, production issues et. You need proper planning and resources especially some extra cash in the bank for emergency purposes to start a business . We all have issues and or hard times you need to Man up communicate with people you owe parts or money to and make things right, to some $700 is a good chunk of change. Clear your conscious make things right.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)

I've run out of patience for the endless excuses and just started the charge back process through my credit card. My sympathy goes out to anyone who doesn't have fraud protection to fall back on. I would suggest, at least, contacting Pelican and also whoever you used to send the funds. Best of luck.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)

Garage
Happy to report that in the end I was able to get my $500 deposit back from Todd. He did it in 2 parts - so he is trying to work his way out of the mess he's made.....good luck everyone!

tadink
Old 02-23-2019, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)

Sad turn of events for a great looking hood. I have Todds smugger lid and steering shaft cover.

Todd,

With orders canceling, I would be wiling to buy one - COD.

If that helps you, Feel free to pm me.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster911 View Post
Sad turn of events for a great looking hood. I have Todds smugger lid and steering shaft cover.

Todd,

With orders canceling, I would be wiling to buy one - COD.

If that helps you, Feel free to pm me.

Orders are canceling because there is nothing being receive.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)

It's too bad all the sheep blindly defending Todd when I created my thread in 2017 with the EXACT same issues are now nowhere to be found.

If anything, they should be putting their money where their mouth is and reimbursing all the people who still have outstanding orders.

I still remember one person commented on my situation as being "entitled" and unrealistically expecting Amazon level service even though I've already been on the hook for 7 months with no refund.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
It's too bad all the sheep blindly defending Todd when I created my thread in 2017 with the EXACT same issues are now nowhere to be found.

If anything, they should be putting their money where their mouth is and reimbursing all the people who still have outstanding orders.

I still remember one person commented on my situation as being "entitled" and unrealistically expecting Amazon level service even though I've already been on the hook for 7 months with no refund.
i hope your not taking my post as defending anyone - I simply need a CF hood and willing to purchase one COD. My thought is he could use my $$ to hopefully reimburse someone.

I have no skin in this game, do not know Todd and feel bad for anyone who got screwed.

Haven't received any PM's so these hoods that were going to ship in "two weeks " are probably non existent.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)

Garage
if I were in Todd’s shoes and had no funds to reimburse I’d get cash from a credit card Or even sell my 911 to make good on what I owe. Maybe he’s exhausted all his financial avenues? Still a shame that good people on Pelican got screwed. Knock on wood, for the 8 years I’ve been here, I’ve never had a bad experience. I hope it works out for you guys.

Tim
Old 02-24-2019, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster911 View Post
i hope your not taking my post as defending anyone - I simply need a CF hood and willing to purchase one COD. My thought is he could use my $$ to hopefully reimburse someone.

I have no skin in this game, do not know Todd and feel bad for anyone who got screwed.

Haven't received any PM's so these hoods that were going to ship in "two weeks " are probably non existent.
If he had an extra hood to send you COD wouldn't you think that should go to someone who has already purchased one? Which some people have been waiting MONTHS for.

It's not like he has them sitting on the shelf waiting to go out and people are just cancelling their order just because. People are fighting with their credit card companies now to try and get their money back because hoods aren't getting made and sent.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #152 (permalink)

Todd was supposed to have refunded me my money this past weekend. He emailed on 02/21, which was our deadline to either ship my hood or refund my money, and advised that my hood was not ready despite it being six months since I placed and paid for my order. I'm not going to go in to all of the excuses again.
He told me that he would get paid on Friday, transfer money to his PayPal and send me my refund over the weekend. Here it is Monday evening and guess what - no money, no email advising the funds had been sent or reply to my email from last night asking where my money was. I'm sorry but this guy will tell you anything just to buy more time or skip over the issue. It takes ten minutes or less to transfer funds through PayPal so I fail to see how this could not have been done over a 48-hour period.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)

Finally got my refund today. Good luck to all the others who are still waiting.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)

Garage
good luck todd. hang tight.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)

Very happy to post that I received my two hoods last week. Quality looks good (somewhere between show and race). Will post a pic after its painted and mounted.

Best of luck to Todd. Not sure what happened, but he made good in the end.

Also worth mentioning, this was the most impressively packed item I've ever seen.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #156 (permalink)

Very good news, Nick!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #157 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickd View Post
Very happy to post that I received my two hoods last week. Quality looks good (somewhere between show and race). Will post a pic after its painted and mounted.

Best of luck to Todd. Not sure what happened, but he made good in the end.

Also worth mentioning, this was the most impressively packed item I've ever seen.
That's excellent
Old 03-11-2019, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #158 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWLoosenuts View Post
Well its been another $hity month waiting on this damn hood and frankly I'm F%$KING pissed about it.

I've come to the realization that I've been swindled and I will never received either my money back or my hood.

Good luck to those that are continuing to waiting.

I've chalked it up as a lose and moving forward with my build as I will be purchasing a new hood next week as the front for my build has been completely on hold since October waiting for this hood.

Had known 14 days would have turned into almost 5 months with still no sign of my hood in sight. well yeah. sad part is my dumbass paid friends and family with PayPal so I screwed myself on top of it all.

26 years of building cars and this is my first time being screwed. Hope you spent my money on something that made you happy and you find salvation in life Todd

Another month + and still nothing. Not even replies to text message. Even though I've chalked it up and accepted it as my lose, I'm still hopeful I will be made right or whole some how.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #159 (permalink)

Garage
I have followed this thread for a while now.

I think you are making a good decision. Sucks, but we all lose on occasion.

As a serial entrepreneur I understand both sides of this.

That said small and large business fail everyday. Sometimes, in fact almost all the time it wasnt fraud it was simply poor planning and finances.

At some point I would advise this guy to simply close the doors. Out of business. Sorry.

But he hasnt done that. He appears to be trying, albeit slowly to make things right.

This is small money people. Some of the comments are like you lost the family fortune.

Let it go and move on.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #160 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: