Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 1.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996AE View Post
I have followed this thread for a while now.

I think you are making a good decision. Sucks, but we all lose on occasion.

As a serial entrepreneur I understand both sides of this.

That said small and large business fail everyday. Sometimes, in fact almost all the time it wasnt fraud it was simply poor planning and finances.

At some point I would advise this guy to simply close the doors. Out of business. Sorry.

But he hasnt done that. He appears to be trying, albeit slowly to make things right.

This is small money people. Some of the comments are like you lost the family fortune.

Let it go and move on.

Agreed but not all of us are made of “Porsche” money. To some of us $500-$1000 is a **** ton and hurts

Last edited by VWLoosenuts; 03-27-2019 at 09:17 PM..
Old 03-27-2019, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)
It's a 914 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWLoosenuts View Post
Agreed but not all of us are made of ďPorscheĒ money. To some of us $500-$1000 is a **** ton and hurts
Agreed. I havenít done business with Helion, but found the comment that the screwed buyers should somehow accept the loss as a cost of doing business with a small vendor, a bit ridiculous.

Last edited by stownsen914; 03-28-2019 at 05:39 AM..
Old 03-28-2019, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)

Quote:
This is small money people. Some of the comments are like you lost the family fortune.

Let it go and move on.
Pretty easy to say when it's not your money or time that's been wasted.

Not everyone in this hobby is a successful entrepreneur or silicon valley exec.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stownsen914 View Post
Agreed. I haven’t done business with Helion, but found the comment that the screwed buyers should somehow accept the loss as a cost of doing business with a small vendor, a bit ridiculous.
How so ?

Businesses, small or large, go under all the time. The next step is to file a claim in the appropriate court.

If anything, these hoods were priced way too low from what I have seen.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Agreed. I haven’t done business with Helion, but found the comment that the screwed buyers should somehow accept the loss as a cost of doing business with a small vendor, a bit ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
How so ?

Businesses, small or large, go under all the time. The next step is to file a claim in the appropriate court.

If anything, these hoods were priced way too low from what I have seen.
Pmax I'm not sure you understood what he is saying.

He finds the comment from above (by 996AE) that we screwed buyers should somehow accept the lose, let it go and move on as ridicules.

Seems like a reasonable comment to me, as one of the screwed buyers and all
Old 03-28-2019, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Understood.

Hope this will work out for all parties. But if it doesn't, the court system is next.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)

I loaned (shipped too) an early decklid for him to pull a mold off, still waiting to get that back.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 03-28-2019, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbvd View Post
I loaned (shipped too) an early decklid for him to pull a mold off, still waiting to get that back.

Old 03-28-2019, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)

Quote:
I have followed this thread for a while now.

I think you are making a good decision. Sucks, but we all lose on occasion.

As a serial entrepreneur I understand both sides of this.

That said small and large business fail everyday. Sometimes, in fact almost all the time it wasnt fraud it was simply poor planning and finances.

At some point I would advise this guy to simply close the doors. Out of business. Sorry.

But he hasnt done that. He appears to be trying, albeit slowly to make things right.

Let it go and move on.
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with this for one second. Integrity and honesty are the basis of the deals that we agree to with one another on this forum.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #169 (permalink)

at some point, you have to ask yourself what the cost is of the time, energy, and angst in not letting go of it. he's going to make you whole or he isn't. and that sucks, but you have no control there.

i value my time and quality of life too much to hold on to situations like these too long. there's just no winning.

in that sense, i agree with his sentiment. i hate getting ripped off. but i really hate being interminably pissed off about getting ripped off. i can control the latter, but not the former. at least not after the fact.

either way, the situation completely sucks, no question...
Old 03-28-2019, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelle View Post
at some point, you have to ask yourself what the cost is of the time, energy, and angst in not letting go of it. he's going to make you whole or he isn't. and that sucks, but you have no control there.

i value my time and quality of life too much to hold on to situations like these too long. there's just no winning.

in that sense, i agree with his sentiment. i hate getting ripped off. but i really hate being interminably pissed off about getting ripped off. i can control the latter, but not the former. at least not after the fact.

either way, the situation completely sucks, no question...

If you spent $35,000 on a 911 and it never delivered would you feel the same way?

I mean at some point you have to let go and stop worrying about it right?
Old 04-03-2019, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #171 (permalink)

apples and oranges. the cost of a CF hood and a $35K car, by degree, aren't comparable.

you do realize i'm not defending todd, yes? what he's doing here is utter shyte, and i'm sure his karma (not to mention his rep in the porsche underworld) will take the appropriate ding.

i'm just saying i don't think it's worth staying pissed forever over a $750 hood. life's too short, and it just ain't worth it. he's either gonna make it right or he isn't. can't see that you have any control over that.

stay pissed if ya like, i've got no horse in the race...
Old 04-03-2019, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #172 (permalink)

It's a 914 ...

Itís a matter of threshold for what dollar amount matters to you or makes a difference in your life. $1000 to one may be like $35k to another. A rich guy telling the less rich guy to just eat a loss, or accept it as a cost of doing business with a small vendor, is just off base. Not everyone is in the same boat.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #173 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelle View Post
apples and oranges. the cost of a CF hood and a $35K car, by degree, aren't comparable.

you do realize i'm not defending todd, yes? what he's doing here is utter shyte, and i'm sure his karma (not to mention his rep in the porsche underworld) will take the appropriate ding.

i'm just saying i don't think it's worth staying pissed forever over a $750 hood. life's too short, and it just ain't worth it. he's either gonna make it right or he isn't. can't see that you have any control over that.

stay pissed if ya like, i've got no horse in the race...
Easy for a rich guys to say. and yeah I am still pissed off $750 means a lot to me. I know you aren't defending him.

Quote:
It’s a matter of threshold for what dollar amount matters to you or makes a difference in your life. $1000 to one may be like $35k to another. A rich guy telling the less rich guy to just eat a loss, or accept it as a cost of doing business with a small vendor, is just off base. Not everyone is in the same boat.
Absolutely right!!

Last edited by VWLoosenuts; 04-04-2019 at 08:33 AM..
Old 04-04-2019, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #174 (permalink)

Garage
Buy a plane ticket, find his house, go up with a bat, smash out a window, and take $750 worth of stuff. Leave a note. Problem solved.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWLoosenuts View Post
Easy for a rich guys to say. and yeah I am still pissed off $750 means a lot to me. I know you aren't defending him
I agree $750 is a lot of money to most of us. I did consulting work for an auto parts manufacturing company that declared bankruptcy while I was there. Because of that Iím owed more than 100x the $750 weíre discussing here in my accrued wages, and Iíve been bitter for 3+ years now. My wife finally talked sense into me and convinced me to let it go because the money just isnít there to recover what Iím owed. Iíve essentially written off what should have been 2 years of my daughterís college tuition, but Iíll figure out another way to pay for her tuition when she goes off to college in a year and a half. One way would be to sell the 911 Iíve spent 7 years building to my perfect car, but blood is always #1, cars are just objects. Am I still ticked off about the way I was treated? yes! But can I do anything about it other that file a legal claim as just one of many unsecured creditors. NO! IíveL mentally written it off as a bad business venture and moved on. So no I canít afford a $750 hood now either.

Full disclaimer- I have no dog in this fight, my transactions with Todd many years ago were slow but ultimately fulfilled. I feel for anyone whoís out their hard earned $$. But as my wife told me- if the money isnít there, then there isnít anything to fight over.
'97 BMW 528i (the sensible car, bought new)
'12 Vintage/Millenium 23' v-nose enclosed trailer
Old 04-04-2019, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #176 (permalink)

$5, $100 or $750 it all hurts, at least for the majority of us on this forum. The loss of money stings but also the loss of trust in a fellow pelican .

Chief Sitting Bull said: It doesn't take many words to speak the truth.

Unfortunately this seller hasn't been solid with his words for a long time.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #177 (permalink)

Garage
Let your daugther take out loans to pay for college herself. That ways she'll be on the same playing field as most students. My student loans are rad, about $600/month for the next 20 years or so. So awesome.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #178 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbvd View Post
Bummer, I have a couple of friends who need one like this.
Does anyone know who makes this deck lid?
Old 04-05-2019, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #179 (permalink)

Garage
Still nothing.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #180 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: