Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

strong 82 3.0 SC engine complete

82 3.0 SC motor, running strong in car until sold. Not in a hurry to sell, I am selling eventually in anticipation of a 3.6 swap.

Compression figures and engine temp at readings (I had some problems getting the tester hooked up on some cylinders and the motor cooled down from operating temp):

1: 170 @ 150 F
2: 175 @ 150 F
3: 185 @ 180 F
4: 180 @ 180 F
5: 180 @ 180 F
6: 175 @ 150 F

115,000 miles on car, records back to 1995 and 89,000 miles. I am 3rd owner, not sure if rebuilt, but it runs very strong and I checked all of the head studs during the last valve adjustment

Engine has oil tensioners, pop-off, K&N filter, regular oil changes and valve adjustments, turbo valve covers, lifetime silicone valve cover gaskets. ALso has Stoddard's "superswitch", which puts it into enrichment cycle at transient engine temperatures (closes below 79 F rather than stock 59 F).

Uses about 1 quart of oil every 500 miles through slow (no drips) leaks at one cam tower line and oil line below engine mounted cooler. These can be easily fixed when the engine is removed. No smoke at all.

Engine has SSIs with O2 sensor mount and dual-in/dual-out muffler with oval tips. These are available with the engine or separately (see price). Spoiler mounted oil cooler has kept oil temp at 180 consistently.

Includes complete CIS injection system with closed loop O2 sensor ECU, flywheel and clutch. Also includes MSD Blaster 2 coil, Accel 300+ digital ignition unit, Magnecore 8mm wires, and OEM CDI box (Accel installation is easily reversible).

The alternator was replaced about 2 years ago with a new Valeo unit.

Engine is in Richmond, VA and is available for inspection or test drives. Runs very strong. Buyer pays shipping if shipped.

Asking $5500 with SSIs and muffler or $5000 without SSIs and muffler. Note: I will only be able to sell the SSIs separately if someone takes the engine without them and they are not adequate for the 3.6.

email ohecht@earthlink.net with questions.

Last edited by ohecht; 12-31-2002 at 02:53 PM..
Old 12-29-2002, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Porsche Crest

Are you open to trades??

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 12-29-2002, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I do want to upgrade to an engine with EFI and preferrably 3.6 liters, so I would consider trades in that direction.

Olivier
Old 12-29-2002, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

sent email

Lost 2.7l engine #6141641, drop me a line if you find it.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: