Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1974 Porsche 911 for sale...not quite running...lots of new parts...

Okay...no time to mess with it anymore. I'm selling the 2.7L 911 with everything I've purchased for it over the past 6 months. As most of you know, I pulled the engine out to replace the head gaskets, rings, misc. engine seals, clutch, starter, etc. I have a list of everything I've purchased and will post it on here tonight. The long and short of it is, I bought the car, it started getting loud because the stud nuts were loose and it blew a head gasket. I pulled the engine to fix this, and during the process decided to fix a bunch of other stuff as well. When I put the engine back in last month, it wouldn't quite start. I had it running for about 10 seconds, then it will cough and die. I've spoken to many of you about this problem and it seems I didn't get the cam timing right after all, or there's some kind of fuel mix problem. At any rate, I simply don't have time to mess with it anymore and need to sell it. I'm selling it for a little less than I have in it, but it needs to go.

I need to get $6500 out of this car and everything that goes with it. The big stuff that's been put on recently and are still brand new are new tires, new Sachs power clutch, new high-torque starter, new oil return tubes, new head gaskets, new intake/exhaust gaskets, new piston rings, new front bumper rubber strip, and new cd player with Kenwood 6-1/2" door speakers. It also comes with a used bra, used rear deck lid grill (black), and the factory steering wheel, factory ignition wires, etc.

FWIW, I had it towed to my local Porsche mechanic (the only one in town, but he has a good rep) and they wanted $1000 to adjust the cam timing, adjust the valves, and do a fuel pressure test.

I will take more pics tonight of the interior, underneath the car, engine compartment, tires, glass, paint, etc.

Here's the website of my progress so far:
http://www.sunflower.com/~kcmoore/porsche/porsche911.html

Email me at: kcmoore@sunflower.com

I am located in Lawrence, KS, which is 30 minutes from Topeka and Kansas City. I have no way of transporting this car, so you'll have to bring a flatbed truck or trailer or a really, really, really good Porsche mechanic so you can drive it home.

Old 12-30-2002, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Bump

Bump. I've updated the website with lots of pics and info.

http://www.sunflower.com/~kcmoore/porsche/porsche911.html
Old 12-30-2002, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

KC, sorry to hear you are selling the 911. You might also want to post this on the cars for sale section of Pelican and also on the cars for sale section on Rennlist.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
update...

Okay people...my BMW just dropped the rear end tonight at a stop light, at 11:50 p.m., go figure. Nice new years' eve I've had. So the Porsche is now $6000, come and get it. I now have two German cars that are broken, and I need a car in two days or I'm out of a job and will have to sell my house and everything in it.

kcmoore@sunflower.com

Old 01-01-2003, 12:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: