Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Parting out 78 911

I can't do this any longer, staring at this car in the garage is killing me because I can't afford to repair it yet. SOOOO I'm gonna try and cut my losses and sell what I can from it.

Basically a 78 911 that has been hit in front passenger fender. All suspension components are good to my knowledge.

Some interesting points to add:

slightly used Mahle 98mm pistons and cylinders (pistons are using turbo compression) These are the 3.0-3.2 conversion pistons are are in short supply

Currently no induction and fuel distributor has already beenn sold.

engine is disassebled

915 transmission has recently been rebuilt (just over a year after the car was in the accident, I have supporting receipt for rebuild)

Chassis is completely stripped and interior removed, I planned on doing a complete rebuild/restoration but just can't afford it now.

Right rear fender is slightly dammaged but easily repaired.

Newly refinished interior in tan leatherette

NOTE: I live in Canada but shipping to the united states won't be a problem on this end.

Digital pictures are available BUT car isn't onsite so it may take a few days for me to get any.

You can respond to my email roseneck@sympatico.ca and from there we can continute by phone if you so wish

Thanks and I promise i'll be back in Porsche Owners Land as soon as I can!

Adam Roseneck
roseneck@sympatico.ca
Kitchener, ON
Canada

Old 01-04-2003, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Shamless self bump.

Oh yeah, I also have a mint pair of H4 headlight assemblies

AND a rad style oil cooler... a must for anyone still using the trombone type or w/o a front oil cooler.

Adam
Old 01-06-2003, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

you have a new pm!
2007 CRV
Old 01-06-2003, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
SCWDP- Shock and Awe Dept

Garage
Is the heating system backdated? I'm looking for the parts to backdate mine.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I'd like to know what the compression is for the 3.2 piston and how much you want for the set. You can reach me at rebekka@pacbell.net. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Is the center rear reflector available and what sort of shape is it in?
Old 01-07-2003, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

There seems to be alot of question RE the pistons and cylinders.

Here is what i'm thinking.

Basically the engine is torn down, but all the parts are there and are relatively well catalogued and organized. Here's what I see happening to this engine.

Take the 3.2 conversion kit with the turbo pistons, slap a supercharged intake on her, twin plug the heads (using new ignition system ofcourse), big high flow exhaust, replace the cams with sometime more 'fitting' (chuckle) for your application (street rod, track toy, whatever...) And slap her into any ol' 911 you have, if you can put it in an early car and get by emmissions you're set.

AND I would let all this stuff go for a good price, its just gonna be the conversion kit that is gonna bump it up a bit.

Could be a GREAT project you could work on and still be able to enjoy your car while you are doing it, so long as you have the resources.

That is what -I- would have done if I wasn't where I am right now.

Just imagine 300+ HP...

Getting aroused, gotta go! =)
Adam
Old 01-07-2003, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
I'd be interested in the complete front suspension. To convert my 914 to 5-lug. Let me know if you still have it & what you want for the front suspension including the master cylinder!
Old 01-07-2003, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Just bumping again. I have some pictures of parts now. If you tried to email me and I didn't get back to you don't think I'm not interested, its just that when I post here I get TONS of messages everyday.

There are still LOTS of great parts yet to be sold. Still have centre rear reflector with the black lettering, 98mm Pistons and cylinders, carrera flares, left fender, nearly complete top condition interior (tan leatherette), 4 fuches in quite nice condition /w new rubber (crappy brand but never the less)

Like I said, more parts than I can possible list here, drop me a line, I just need to recover as much of my coin from this wreck as I can.

Thanks to all who have responded and put a deal together!

Adam
Old 01-13-2003, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Adam - I am looking for a fog light switch. Dash mounted - push/pull with green light inside. Does the 78 have one?
Click here for 911S project "updating as I go"
Old 01-13-2003, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Adam,

You have a PM regarding the tranny!
Old 01-13-2003, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

how much for the h4 headlights?
thanks
matt
Old 01-21-2003, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Do you still have the wheels for the car? Fuchs? What sizes, and tires?

Thanks,
Phil
1979 911sc
Old 01-21-2003, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Adam-Sent you a pm.
2000 Frontier Crewcab
1998 Harley-Davidson FLHTCI
2002 H-D Custom Rigid
Old 01-21-2003, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
atr,

Is your interior black? I need 2 doorpanel rails. If the passenger side was hit, I can get by with only the driver side.

I'm calling them doorpanel rails...there the caps that go on top of the doorpanel that the doorlock pokes up through.

Let me know.

Chris
930 Factory Tail & decklid 930 Steering wheel
17" Kinesis Supercups, Bilsteins, SS Brakelines
Turbo Tierods Alpine/MB Quart/(2)JL Audio 10"
Old 01-22-2003, 02:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Adam, I sent you a PM
Old 01-22-2003, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Adam,

I am looking for a rear decklid, and chin spoiler if you have them.

Thanks,

(In Calgary)
Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 01-23-2003, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

do you have the "engine sheet metal or "tin" as I've heard it called?

Have a 70t with a 3.0L to go in but none of the metal that surrounds the engine and corresponds to the "frame" - engine area.

does this make sense?

let me know,
thanks.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

pm

sent you email....
Old 01-24-2003, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Not sure if you're picking up private messages-
I'm interested in the tan interior and oil cooler.
Please send details and asking price to cokeefe@omsoft.com
Thanks!
Colin

Old 01-24-2003, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: