Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

72-73 Rear Door Pockets (NICE!)

I have a pair of very nice 72-73 911 left and right rear door pockets. Only one or two slight indentations in the boxes, only a few faint scratches in the chrome. Really, these look almost new. Not for the concours guys, but a significant upgrade for most of the rest of us. $750 for the pair. Pictures (a bit grainy) are available upon request.

Silver Surfer
carlsonmark@msn.com

Old 02-04-2003, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
GAFB

Mint condition available from parts houses for significantly less. I just bought a pair matching your description for $80.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Where? The only ones I have ever seen are from Tweeks, which sells them for $419 a piece, but they only have the passenger side.

Please tell us all where you can get Porsche early car door pockets for $80 a pair. I am sure a lot of us would like to know.

Silver Surfer
Old 02-05-2003, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
GAFB

I got the $80 pair, in similar condition to what you describe, from a guy on the internet. These come and go.

Parts Heaven sells mint condition used examples. It's been a couple weeks since I got the pricing on these, but I believe it was under $500/pair. They also carry new ones for less than Tweeks.

My brief earlier post was misleading: I did not get "mint" pair for $80. I got a pair that sounds like yours (what I would term "very good/excellent") for $80.

If you get $750 for yours, please pass any other interested parties on to me, I'll sell mine for $600

Cheers,
-d
Old 02-05-2003, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Dave, I don't want to start a war with you, but I need to make a point clear for all that at least you apparently missed. $750 is an asking price.

I am sure you are just trying to do our fellow Pelican-heads a favor, but misinformation is not helpful. Two messages ago, your $80 door pockets were mint. Now, they are not mint. Parts Heaven will special order new ones for you, but they quoted me about $400 each. This, by the way, is about the same price as Tweeks ($419), which only has the passenger side door pocket, not the driver side. You claim Parts Heaven is selling "mint" used door pockets for under $500, but I just checked with them and they told me they don't have anything clean. Parts Heaven is a terrific resource and I recommend them, but you won't get door pockets as good as these from them for less than over $800.

Its at least $800 for new door pockets. Mine are almost as good and can be had for substantially less by anyone who wants to make a fair offer. I don't know what you got for $80, and you are not telling us where you got them. But mine are some of the best I've ever seen. You won't get them for $80.

Silver Surfer
carlsonmark@msn.com
Old 02-06-2003, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
GAFB

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Surfer
I am sure you are just trying to do our fellow Pelican-heads a favor, but misinformation is not helpful. Two messages ago, your $80 door pockets were mint. Now, they are not mint.
No, two messages ago they were "matching your description". I interpret your description as "Very good/excellent" as I clarified in my follow-up post. Slight indentations and scratches do not a mint set make.

Quote:
Parts Heaven will special order new ones for you, but they quoted me about $400 each. This, by the way, is about the same price as Tweeks ($419), which only has the passenger side door pocket, not the driver side. You claim Parts Heaven is selling "mint" used door pockets for under $500, but I just checked with them and they told me they don't have anything clean.
]
They don't have anything, fine. Did you ask them how much they sell them for if they do have them? I did, and they said $100 each. Again, good luck with your sale. I'm all for receiving or paying top dollar for nice vintage parts, as my long-suffering wife will inform you. I just think your asking price is way over market price. No offense intended here, just posting my experience. Oh last thing: no, I'm not going to post where I got my pockets, as it was a private party sale.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Dave, I am sure your heart is in the right place, and I don't doubt that Parts Heaven offered you something in the past at the price you quoted. If they were offering "mint" used door pockets then, they don't have them now, and new ones will be over $800 from either Parts Heaven or from Tweeks (though only the passenger side is available from Tweeks). I have both, they are available right now, and I will sell them for less than new pockets would cost to anyone who wants to make a fair offer. If you got a pair as nice as these for $80, I sincerely congratulate you on a terrific deal. Like you, I know how tough it is to find these rare parts in good condition cheaply. But I gather that yours are not for sale now, and mine are. If someone is interested in mine, they can email me and make an offer. But neither one of us is offering to sell our door pockets to anyone here for $80.

Silver Surfer
carlsonmark@msn.com
Old 02-06-2003, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to RichMason
I will give either one of you $80 for a very good/excellent passenger side rear door pocket.

87 951 for sale $5500
Old 02-06-2003, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Lets see. I just bought a 71T for $4,500.00. The car came with 2 interiors as the owner was upgrading the worn out interior. Incidentally I also got 3 sets of door pockets. If I keep one and sell the other 2 at 800.00, I would have only paid $2,900.00 for my car. And I thought $4,500.00 was a deal. Anyone looking for nice but not mint door pockets. Can I start at 800.00 obo? I have some for sale, and extra seats, and door panels.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Dr J & H...

When those $80 door pockets come in, I want to purchase 12 drivers sides and I will pay you an extra $25 for being a "nice guy"
Old 02-06-2003, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
This is getting out of control and people are going to get angry. I genuinely am looking for a passenger side rear door pocket in good condition for less than $200. I agree with DTW that there are better deals out there and I know the original poster was also just starting with an asking price and is open to deals (although he refused my lower offer for good reasons that I respect). Feast or famine it seems. 6771esses - want to break a set or sell me a pair for substantially less than $800?

87 951 for sale $5500
Old 02-07-2003, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
GAFB

Silver Surfer and are I cool, we PM'd. Not a problem, nobody's going for their gun.

Rich-
I have an entire door sitting in my garage awaiting disassembly- it's been sitting there about 2 years. It's got a pocket and I have no idea what condition it's in, I know the chrome trim is a bit chewed up. Let me check on it this weekend and I'll get back to you.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rich, I will take a look at the door pockets I pulled off of my car. If I remember correctly, one of them wasn't too bad, I just don't recall which. If its presentable and you wanted it, I might just let you have it for the cost of shipping. I'll let you know.

Silver Surfer
Old 02-07-2003, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
here's the beautiful part - I want a beat-up pocket (not too beat up) so it will match my original driver's side pocket. Let me know what you have. Glad everyone is getting along. Cheers.

87 951 for sale $5500
Old 02-07-2003, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
There is also a very good looking set on ebay if anyone else is looking for mint. They were at $250 and climbing when I looked earlier today. There was also a totally beat up set as well that were at $9 each with two days to go. Its a wild market.

87 951 for sale $5500
Old 02-07-2003, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Rich,
Thank you for your offer, but with 2 1971 911s being restored I would like to hang on to my bits a little longer. It may turn out that I would need just the part that I may sell. Good luck finding a set. From time to time people list early cars that are being parted out. I was just lucky with my purchase. The seller gave me 2 interiors with 3 sets of door pockets and factory carpeting at an unbelievable price. I though I was dreaming. My friend who also owns an early 911s could not believe the boxes of new/used parts that came with the car. Once the car is put back together I will clear out the unwanted stuff. Stay tuned...

Old 02-07-2003, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: