Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to RedEuro
1979 Euro 911 SC Coupe FS

I have a 1979 911 SC Coupe Red over Black located in Atlanta, GA. The car needs an engine rebuild or replacement. This car was my daily driver through November 2002. Too many receipts to list. The car has a new clutch and flywheel, rebuilt transmission, rebuilt fuel injection system, new fuel lines, and new starter all within the past year. I am asking for 7K plus shipping to take over my project. Send me an email if interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redeuro.jpg (30.0 KB, 514 views)

Last edited by RedEuro; 05-27-2003 at 06:31 PM..
Old 02-04-2003, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

12K for an SC that needs an engine rebuild and the car has cookie cutter wheels? You're kidding right?
Old 02-04-2003, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

Ouch!
Old 02-04-2003, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I hate to say it but you're better off to keep it until the market either gets better. or you have the cash to fix it.. cuz you're asking way! too much for it.. you'd be lucky to get 5 to 7K for it.. is it a non-sunroof car?

" The reason the Irish are always fightin one another is that there are no other worthy opponents ".
Old 02-05-2003, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest '79 European SC needing rebuid...

How long was this car in Europe and what is the owner history on the car? When was it brought into the states and who did the DOT/EPA conversion when it was brought in?

Does it have any of the typical rust that all Eurpean cars have that were driven on those salty European roads?

It is of particular interest to see exactly which motor came with the car...or at least which motor is in it now. There is a number indicating this on the top side of the motor casing, next to the right side of the fan support, just behind the oil pressure sensor. It will be a number stamped into the case saying something similar to 930/54 or 930/19 ....this # tells alot about which motor it has in it now and what it may be worth upon rebuild.

Please post more info if you are serious about selling your car here. Thanks.

JGL

Last edited by pkfrdh; 02-05-2003 at 02:28 PM..
Old 02-05-2003, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to RedEuro
I don't have an answer as to how long the car was in Europe. I am not certain on the owner history or the conversion. The car was repainted prior to my purchase. It does have some minor surface rust. I can tell the original color was Guards Red. The engine # 6390745.

Eric I appreciate the insite. It is a nonsunroof coupe. The price is negotiable. I am already at a loss at the asking price considering the cost of the car and the total amount invested. Thanks...
Old 02-05-2003, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Cool

When owning these cars you can't expect everybit of maintence done will result in higher resale numbers. Example being if you spend $1500 replacing your tranny in your chevy that doesn't mean when you sell it it will fetch $1500 over normal resale. Any how thats my point of view. good luck
Old 02-05-2003, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
The engine number I was asking for is not your serial number on that vertical edge. I am asking for the suffix # which is stamped on the horizontal deck of the case, directly behind the oil pressure sending unit. You may need to clean the area off to see it. It is formatted as "930/XX". The XX is what will be specifically of interest. The "XX" could be 03, 04 or 06 if the motor is a 1978 3.0 litre.

There is a website called "Porsche 911 Chassis Numbers" that lists all the different chassis #'s and engine suffix #'s along with the production numbers for the options in the different countries they were sold. It's quite interesting. It only goes up to 1999.

Check out this site...scroll down to 1978...click on it and look up your suffix number... 930/??. Which one is it? If it does not match one of those, it may be from a different year...not the original motor.

I have seen no errors in the years from '74 to '99...don't have the experience w/ the earlier years.

http://www.0-100.it/porsche/chassis/chassis_engl.html

JGL

Last edited by pkfrdh; 02-07-2003 at 01:27 PM..
Old 02-06-2003, 12:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

JGL,

There are some errors on that website, for the early serial numbers.
Don't know about newer serial numbers being correct, but its not a good sign.

Stuart

'65 911 2.0
'68 FIAT 850 Special
'71 GT6
ex-Zundapp collector
Old 02-06-2003, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

dito

Old 02-06-2003, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: