Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 4-Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedsn View Post
I am sorry to hear that you have been taken. You have had some bad luck lately. Keep your chin up.
Yeah thanks I appreciate it. Iíve only posted the half of it on here. So much disappointment with people in the car business itís ridiculous
Old 01-13-2018, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry to hear this. I did think the price was too good to be true.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
It's a 914 ...

ve gotten the sense that there have been questionable dealings with this seller in the past. I assume this "sale" has been reported to the moderators?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stownsen914 View Post
ve gotten the sense that there have been questionable dealings with this seller in the past. I assume this "sale" has been reported to the moderators?
How do I do that?
Old 01-13-2018, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrino View Post
Sorry to hear this. I did think the price was too good to be true.
Yep! Still have yours?
Old 01-13-2018, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Yep! Still have yours?
I do. Haven't got around to listing it yet...
Old 01-13-2018, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

It's a 914 ...

Quote:
How do I do that?

I believe Black 993 and Jack Olsen are admins/mods for the Pelican forum. I'm sure they'd like to know about your unfortunate experience in case it's not already on their radar.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Nathanbs
Sorry to hear the deal above hasn’t worked out.
I have bought some very expensive items (engine, gearbox and chassis all seperate) plus quite a few body parts and being in Australia I have had to place lots of trust in US pelicans and am pleased to say ‘most people’ on here are all very honourable and straight up, a real pleasure to talk to and made it very easy.
I learnt my lesson through placing WTB’s which attracts some who are not, and thanks to the people who call out the scammers who saved me getting ripped off a few times in the past.

Seeing where you are located, I have a spare gearbox in Burbank CA. The box came with my chassis. Selling surplus as doing a 3.6 upgrade and bought a fully built race prepped box.

It’s a 915/61 with a Quaiffe torsen LSD and standard ratios according to PO.
Serial number is 717 1202
If your interested, I can put you in touch with the shop where it’s located in Burbank and you can arrange to go see it in person
2200.00 pick up

Darien
Old 01-13-2018, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Updating due level of interest....
Responded to all PM’s
Gearbox sold to Nathan pending payment & pickup
Old 01-14-2018, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to brighton911
Nathanbs, assuming you paid via Paypal, have you filed a dispute with them? This is clearly a case of a misrepresented item. Good luck
Old 01-14-2018, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton911 View Post
Nathanbs, assuming you paid via Paypal, have you filed a dispute with them? This is clearly a case of a misrepresented item. Good luck
Unfortunately wire transfer
Old 01-14-2018, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHE11 View Post
Updating due level of interest....
Responded to all PMís
Gearbox sold to Nathan pending payment & pickup
Awesome thanks man. Life saver. Very kind of you
Old 01-14-2018, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
It's a 914 ...

Quote:
Unfortunately wire transfer

You may already be doing this, but there are methods of recourse for losses via wire transfer. Not as easy to pursue as with Paypal, but wire fraud IS illegal.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
...and he's still pedaling parts as of 2 weeks ago ?
**News Flash**
You're in the Passing Lane. Any questions ?
Old 01-15-2018, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
Still not banned yet ???
Old 01-15-2018, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stownsen914 View Post
You may already be doing this, but there are methods of recourse for losses via wire transfer. Not as easy to pursue as with Paypal, but wire fraud IS illegal.
Thank you. Didnít know this. Wanted to call bank today but was MLK
Old 01-15-2018, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

SexOnThe Beach is now "Banned". I emailed Dmitry and told him Alex conned me out of $1500 and also showed him this thread, that got him banned right away. So unfortunately it looks like Nathan and I have been scammed. The worst part of all of this is that he'll be right back here on Pelican again under another handle scamming others. We don't even know what his real name is either since he goes by Alex Melendez, yet his PayPal account is hooked up to a Carlos Morales email address.

I'll be filing a wire fraud report with the FBI tomorrow. Nathan, I urge you to do the same. The more that file against him the more serious they will take it.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

SexOnTheBeach just refunded my $1500. It’s too bad that it took him getting banned from Pelican, and threats of me phoning the FBI for him to do the right thing. I just thought I should share this with the forum after my last post. I hope nathanbs can resolve his issues with Alex as well.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
SexOnThe Beach is now "Banned". I emailed Dmitry and told him Alex conned me out of $1500 and also showed him this thread, that got him banned right away. So unfortunately it looks like Nathan and I have been scammed. The worst part of all of this is that he'll be right back here on Pelican again under another handle scamming others. We don't even know what his real name is either since he goes by Alex Melendez, yet his PayPal account is hooked up to a Carlos Morales email address.
Don't understand why anyone would wire a hefty sum of money to an unknown unvetted person who appears to be using a fictitious name on his bank accounts !?
Old 01-19-2018, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Don't understand why anyone would wire a hefty sum of money to an unknown unvetted person who appears to be using a fictitious name on his bank accounts !?
Well for starters we don't know if it's actually a fictitious name or if it's really his son's name. Additionally, I PayPaled the money to Alex's email address, which had his name in it. I was NOT made aware that it went through Alex's email address into Carlos' account until after I had sent the money and received the confirmation email from PayPal showing which email account the money ended up in. Naturally I was shocked when I saw this, but at that point the money had already been sent. Of course I would've had the same apprehension you mention, but it was unknown until the money was already gone.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: