Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
Well for starters we don't know if it's actually a fictitious name or if it's really his son's name. Additionally, I PayPaled the money to Alex's email address, which had his name in it. I was NOT made aware that it went through Alex's email address into Carlos' account until after I had sent the money and received the confirmation email from PayPal showing which email account the money ended up in. Naturally I was shocked when I saw this, but at that point the money had already been sent. Of course I would've had the same apprehension you mention, but it was unknown until the money was already gone.
If you used Paypal, you can get your funds back (within 90 days or something) by filing a dispute unless you sent it F&F.

I thought you sent the funds via bank wire like Nathanbs did.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
If you used Paypal, you can get your funds back (within 90 days or something) by filing a dispute unless you sent it F&F.

I thought you sent the funds via bank wire like Nathanbs did.
I used the F&F, so there was no way to file a claim with PayPal. I assumed that since he was doing lots of business on Pelican that there wouldn't be any issues. I believe nathanbs wired the money because when he bought the transmission Alex's PayPal account was already frozen by that point.

Alex did end up returning my money to me, as I noted in a previous post.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Quote:
I used the F&F, so there was no way to file a claim with PayPal. I assumed that since he was doing lots of business on Pelican that there wouldn't be any issues. I believe nathanbs wired the money because when he bought the transmission Alex's PayPal account was already frozen by that point.

Alex did end up returning my money to me, as I noted in a previous post.
How did you get him to respond lol? I’ve made all kinds of threats as well. What a POS
Old 01-20-2018, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
How did you get him to respond lol? Iíve made all kinds of threats as well. What a POS
I mentioned you as well when I called him out on the fraud, and he told me that he would refund you your money including your shipping charges if you sent him the transmission back. I understand that you donít have much faith left in him, and by returning it youíre then out whatever value is left in the broken transmission as well, but he did end up giving me my money back. It took him way too long to do the right thing, though, and I did continually pester him for it. So itís your call on how to proceed...I hope you two can finally work it out and resolve this.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Quote:
I mentioned you as well when I called him out on the fraud, and he told me that he would refund you your money including your shipping charges if you sent him the transmission back. I understand that you donít have much faith left in him, and by returning it youíre then out whatever value is left in the broken transmission as well, but he did end up giving me my money back. It took him way too long to do the right thing, though, and I did continually pester him for it. So itís your call on how to proceed...I hope you two can finally work it out and resolve this.
Whatís a broken, warn 915 worth nowadays anyways. W. Knight said about $500ish for parts. Iím not about to invest $200 in shipping, likely throwing good money after bad. Iíll propose he send me $200 and Iíll ship the trans and then cross my fingers
Old 01-20-2018, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Whatís a broken, warn 915 worth nowadays anyways. W. Knight said about $500ish for parts. Iím not about to invest $200 in shipping, likely throwing good money after bad. Iíll propose he send me $200 and Iíll ship the trans and then cross my fingers
Aren't you both in SoCal ?
Old 01-20-2018, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Aren't you both in SoCal ?
No I wish heís in Puerto Rico. Not sure whatís the deal with Encinitas
Old 01-21-2018, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Seeing he is the one that did this wrong, he should do what he can to do it right.

How about he sends you a prepaid shipping label, refund you for your cost in this mess. Re-package the tranny in the original crate affix label and off it goes.

Terry
COA: Passenger Side Mirror, Manual Antenna & Dunlop Tires
Old 01-21-2018, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
Seeing he is the one that did this wrong, he should do what he can to do it right.

How about he sends you a prepaid shipping label, refund you for your cost in this mess. Re-package the tranny in the original crate affix label and off it goes.

Terry
Yeah that makes more sense
Old 01-21-2018, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: