Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

thoughts on this engine please!

Hi

I have found this engine for sale fairly local to me. As some of you may know, I am not an expert on the mechanicals of cars and most certainly not Porsche's. My car is an early T coupe and as much as I love driving it, I'd like more power.

I know most seem to look for a 3.0 - 3.6 L swap and maybe perhaps that is the way I should go, but I saw this engine posted and it looked like a somewhat realistic possibility for me pricewise.

I have weber's (40's though) and SSI's and two mufflers to choose from, but I only have the stock CD unit and coil, plus a 901 transmission and no front oil cooler.

Would this engine be fun on the street and reliable? Under normal use, is the lifespan of this engine much lower than a factory engine?

here is the link :

click here

Any thoughts would be appreciated,
Reg

2007 CRV
Old 02-14-2003, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hello Reg,
it is a nice engine if you can talk to the local engine builder for why he don't split the case... and don't forget it is without carb...
you will have more power in your coupé...!
Raynald
1971 914 barn find !
Old 02-14-2003, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks raynald.

I posted in the wrong forum!!
2007 CRV
Old 02-14-2003, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

WOW - what an awesome engine. (I'm the guy selling . For what it is worth, I ran it in a 1970T coupe that underwent a wide body conversion etc.

Your 40IDA Webers are perfectly fine. I can give you the venturi and jetting info that I ran. I used 46mm PMO carbs in aniticpation of a larger engine at some point, which in fact is what I did a year later.

Anyway, if you're interested, I can certainly put you in touch with the engine builder.

Again, you could run a 901 tranny with this, although you'd need a different flywheel. You might want to be a bit carefull in 1st gear given the close ratio of a 901.

I ran a pair of Permatune CD boxes and stock coils. Seemed to work out just fine. I sold my CD boxes separately.

If I didn't get such a good deal on the 3.6L then I'd still be happily running the 2.8.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 02-14-2003, 10:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 82SC
hey hey...you've got another interested customer here too!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 10:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

If motor is still available contact me, my 2.7 is dying a slow death, need a new transplant for 77 coupe.

Old 02-16-2003, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: