Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
911/930 Turbo G50-52 Transaxle

Hello, thanks for looking. SOLD, SOLD, SOLD

Years ago I purchased a 944 that had been modified for a supercharged V-8 mid-engine conversion and used a 4 speed 930 Turbo transaxle to handle the power. He was racing and blew the engine up. While he was planning the new engine build he also acquired this G50-52 5 speed transaxle to handle the increased power and the addition of a 5th gear for a stronger and faster combination. Before he even got the engine put together he got married and the project became garage art. I ended up buying it from him. Before I got my project started a friend of mine really liked the car and wanted to restore it back to original so I ended up selling it to him. Since I didn't need this transaxle any longer I am now offering it for sale. It has all standard specifications: limited slip, gearing, etc. What is in the pictures is included.

The engineer/previous owner told me the trans had just over 22,000 miles on it when he bought it. I disassembled it anyway just to confirm and it looks brand new inside. Even though I have previously owned 4 911's including an '89 Turbo it was the first time I had disassembled one and I was impressed. I have an 1100+ h.p. drag car with a highly modified Ford 9" rear and this looked just as beefy! Asking $7,500.00.

You can contact me at tcracer37@gmail.com or call or text me at 626-536-9833.

Thanks for looking,
Tom C.

Last edited by tcracer; 06-12-2018 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Bump
Old 03-15-2018, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Tom,

I m interested for the gearbox but I have some questions :

Do you have some pictures from the internals and some recent photos ?

Are you willing to ship overseas ?

Let me know...
Old 03-23-2018, 02:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hello, Thank You for the reply to my ad.

It has been over 10 years since I disassembled the transaxle. I only took it apart enough to confirm that all the gears were good, I didn't completely disassemble it. Since I took it apart for a project of my own I didn't think to take any pictures as I was satisfied that it was in very good shape. At the time I had no idea that I would be selling it years later, I tend to keep my vehicles indefinitely. As you can see in the dates at the bottom of my pictures I put it up for sale for a short time near the end of 2011. The gearbox has always been stored inside and still looks exactly the same now. I can take more pictures with today's dates if you like. On shipping overseas, I have never done that before. I could do it but I would have to know all the facts and procedures including costs, insurance, carriers, etc. to do it. Everything involved would be costs added to the cost of the unit and would all have to be paid in full before shipping. Also it would probably be easier to email me at "tcracer37@gmail.com" than going through Pelican Parts. The link they sent me for your message didn't work the first 3 times I tried it.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: