Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnerd View Post
How is this going to be different than previous "Sunset" swap meets that always took place in early Sept?
Only difference I see is the hotdogs and car award.
They always had the showroom open and 15% discount on the new parts.
Been going to this for the past 15+ years and it's been less and less attended every year with less and less swap meet parts.
Perhaps just better advertising like this will bring the people and their parts out?
I understand you view...
Hence, That is MAIN REASON I am getting all attention for more PO to bring a truck/trailer to get parts out there to go into good hands for others to give a lease of longer life on older Porsches...Not only for rewards for best show car but PARTS are hard to come by due to LIMITED production and NLA on early 911's and better expose for younger generation to see what is Porsche SWAP is all ABOUT.

Remember, Swap Meet is a combination of everything- Each year VARIES. I have been going there close to what you had gone there 15+ years and in your views appears to be less and less...It has UPS and DOWNS as expected like EVERY SWAP meet all over US.

It was based on MANAGEMENT itself when it had gone thru changes/makeover during construction going on in the last few years and lack of maintaining "motivation" to get more attention each year.

It usually takes TIME and an EFFORT and MONEY to get Porsche dealer employees to get it going into overdrive to get arrangements for Swap meet.
I am helping them to split the responsibly among each one of us in order to maintain to keep it "ALIVE" instead of being "DEAD" like zero yearly swap meet! it is gonna be a great time to meet ol' familiar faces and all that "catching up".

I am getting into gear to get more attn. out there than only Pelicans.
So get your seat belts on and drive out there and see it for yourself - Not only for a HOT DOGS , AWARDS hayday, and all that. But YOU will enjoy the whole day of getting in touch with PORSCHE COMMUNITY as itself and as a WHOLE - Where else can you go for Porsche ONLY SWAP meet around HERE in PORTLAND AREA?? You tell me.
PS - IF YOU EVER SEE any PORSCHE owners driving by ya' or parked anywhere near you - Just holler them to mark calendar for Sept. 8th swap meet event...that is what I did on daily basis if I see PO driving their Porsches and they all responded "I"ll be there!"...No matter how many head counts but spread the words will take care of itself, right? Cheers!

Last edited by ARad; 05-01-2018 at 09:00 AM..
Old 04-24-2018, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Porsche Owner

i'll be there

1961 Beetle | 1987 Carrera
Old 04-24-2018, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Ill be there as a vendor. 914 and 87 Carrera parts
Chris

Last edited by cjannelli; 04-29-2018 at 07:27 AM..
Old 04-29-2018, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Awesome - keep on coming for more head counts...Now finalizing flyers and will post it later this week. Thx.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Count me in!
Thank you for helping to put this together.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
I'll be there, Vendor...
Old 05-01-2018, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Btt - for more head counts - Just chime in as "I'll be there"...No time for flyers last week but will be getting flyers all set up later on this week.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

I'm in
Old 05-13-2018, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
I Wonder

Garage
Good on you Arad for your efforts. I will do my best to get there with some friends. Thanks Rob.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

I'm in. G.Led
Old 05-13-2018, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Looking forward to it.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

FLYERS for Swap Meet!

Check out at the very last page of thread for new update flyer

SWAP MEET FLYER!

Hello all Pelicans...Finally got the flyers printed and already passed on to several Porsche dealer/mechanic locations. You can pick one up at Sunset Porsche dealer if you happen to be around there...

Check out the flyer at the last page of thread for any one of you guys who wishes to RESERVE a vendor space to sell your stuff -

Pls contact Alex K. - See bottom for contact phone # for any questions, info. to reserve vendor space. Alex will do all the vendors reservations head counts. And rest of you guys just SHOW up and have FUN! Bring your personal FAV Porsches for People's CHOICE awards!

Please pass on around to any one of your buddies who may want to go there as well - vendor, buyer, or enjoy the event. Thanks!

Last edited by ARad; 07-17-2018 at 11:23 AM..
Old 05-22-2018, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

btt for more attn.! Thx!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

btt for more head counts...Keep on spreading words esp. at NW area guys! Thx!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Update: Pat (Sunset Porsche dealer manager) is currently on vacation - will be back on Tuesday after Memorial Day...So PLEASE contact him to RSVP'd vendor space as to plan ahead of time. Thx!
Old 05-26-2018, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

btt - Heads up for you all guys: Pat is back from vacation...So you can go ahead contact Pat as instructed for vendor space RSVP'd. Thx.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

BTT - Just followed up with Pat today at Sunset Porsche dealership.
So far 2 head counts for VENDOR space???
Call PAT at Sunset Porsche dealership to put you on the list for vendor space...
Please DO call PAT 5 zero 3 - 718 - Six 037 or 5 zer0 3 - Eight 03 - 4031 during business HOURS M-F 8am to 5pm to RESERVE space. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2018, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
I'll stop by to shop, and bring a pal. But let's get more vendors!
Old 06-04-2018, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

btt...for more attn Thx
Old 06-05-2018, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

btt...
Old 06-10-2018, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: