Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 911 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Smile 911 3.6 liter Performance Built Engine

The engine was from a 1992C4 964/911. It was a running engine and cost me $5k alone.

It is a completely rebuilt and remachined engine. I spent about $16,860 on this engine when you consider the core price.

It was built about a year and a half ago as number 2 of 2 engines at the time. The first engine found a home in a really fast 1993 911C2.

The overhaul and machine work are done as follows:

All parts disassembled and inspected and cleaned.

All worn parts commonly and uncommonly replaced include a new gasket kit for top and bottom end, new rod and main bearings, new countershaft bearings, new timing chains, new chain ramps (all five), rebuilt dual drive distributor, rebuilt balanced and flowed fuel injectors, new vaccum lines in places, new bolts and nuts, new main oil line ($500), New RSR type racing camshafts properly timed, new valve guides, and complete cylinder head rebuild with surfaced and a performance port and polish of the intakes and exhaust ports. New high performance valve springs. New piston rings head gaskets and polished wrist pins. Resurfaced valve covers with silicone based seals that are less likely to leak. Inspected and resealed main oil pump drive. Resized and balanced rods and crankshaft. Crank and rods are still Standard size and were polished. They are NOT undersized like many rebuilt parts.

It also has the engine harness intact, the mass air flow sensor, and the complete intake. It has the complete exhaust as well. The only thing that it is missing is the front crankshaft cover plate $150 new or about $50 used. It will also need a computer which runs $250-$300. I would opt for an upgraded computer for a few extra dollars to take advantage of the higher performance build. I could even give you a flywheel from a 993.

I am not asking for a core fee that saves you about $3-4k

The price for the engine as it sits with all the parts included is $8995 and does not include shipping. Shipping would run about $200-$300.

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope to find a good home for this engine.

Drop me an email at nibbers@aol.com

Thanks for checking out this engine,

Greg

Old 02-27-2003, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: