Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 912 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Clutch release

The clutch on my 5-speed dogleg 1969 912 doesnít disengage on occasion, especially when cold. It grinds hard while trying 1st or reverse, until I work the clutch and shifter a bit. Then all is fine. When all is good the clutch grabs fine with with seemingly normal travel and feel. I canít figure out why it comes and goes.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Did this car sit for a long period? How long has it being doing this? Have you checked your clutch adjustment recently?
Bill

Last edited by WFBowen; 08-12-2018 at 10:38 AM..
Old 08-12-2018, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
It did sit for a time before I purchased several weeks ago. I have driven quite a bit since and the problem seems better. Would I check the clutch adjustment at the rear of the car (not at pedal)? Haven’t done before and don’t want to burn up the clutch.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/101_Projects_Porsche_911/11-Clutch_Adjustment/11-Clutch_Adjustment.htm
Old 08-15-2018, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
A belated update, but all is now good with the clutch release. Seems that all the sitting prior to my acquiring caused something in the clutch assembly to gum up. After driving for several weeks all symptoms are now gone and shifting perfectly. Just goes to show that these old cars need to be driven regularly. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2018, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: