Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 912 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Torsion bar markings.

Question
My old bars from a 68 are marked L and R. Obvious what that means. But my 24mm bars I’m installing has one bar marked with a P. Only half obvious. Am I to assume this mean passenger side? Other bar has an S and 8 ��

Old 09-18-2020, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Those 24mm bars are for the rear. I'm assuming you are putting them on the rear,they would be too big for the fronts. Passenger side is right, drivers side is left. When installing bars on the front the R or L should be visible and facing the rear, same is applicable to the rears. Now, if bars are not marked then it does not matter, however, if they are used then you don't know how they were previously installed. No matter how you install them they may break. Many aftermarket bars are not marked, you are taking a risk. What size do you have on the fronts? Also, what are the number on grooves on one side versus the other side of the bars. Some bars had paint marks designating R and L, are there any? Again, I think you are taking a risk by installing them. Do you need good 24 mm bars?
Old 09-21-2020, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Ok
I guess if I could get some 24 or even 25mm bars for a good deal Ide get them.
Havenít decided what Iím rumning on the fronts
Thanks
Old 09-21-2020, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

19-21mm are good for fronts and 23-25 for rears. I have a number of good rears. You are in S. Cal? I'm in Arizona. Let me take an inventory of what I have.

Old 09-21-2020, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: