Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 912 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Jack up 912

Hi,
New, proud owner of a 912. There's quite a lot of work to do and with the limited space i was leaning towards using these to make it easy to put close to the wall when not working on it.

Now, I have done quite a lot of searching for jacking points etc, but, all i find is how to jack it up, one side at a time.

Do anyone know if I can use the below for my 912 and if so, how :-)

Last edited by wparon; 10-13-2020 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: edit url
Old 10-13-2020, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

It looks fine if you want to elevate the car for some long term work, but it is such a cumbersome device that once you managed to install it under your vehicle you would never want to remove it for a simple enjoyable outing. If your only need is for the ability to move the vehicle sideways for storage, consider wheel dollies.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
It looks fine if you want to elevate the car for some long term work, but it is such a cumbersome device that once you managed to install it under your vehicle you would never want to remove it for a simple enjoyable outing. If your only need is for the ability to move the vehicle sideways for storage, consider wheel dollies.
Yeah, they will solely be used when i am doing work on the suspension and undercarriage. Once drivable, dollies for sure!

Any idea how to lift it securely onto the described stands?
Old 10-15-2020, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I use one of these.
https://www.maxjax.com/maxjax/
And when the suspension is off, one of these from Stoddard.
SIC-911-DOL-LY Chassis Dolly for 911 912 1965-1989.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpojLJGNje4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYeAJXJGt28

I would be reluctant to put my car on that dolly without the front and rear being solidly connected. Plus the wheels are so small the smallest little pebble will cause the car to resist movement. Ask me how I know. And with the front and rear not connected that could spell disaster.

Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
Handles like a 912 and goes like a 911
www.reSeeWorks.com

Last edited by cmpski; 10-30-2020 at 08:06 AM..
Old 10-30-2020, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: