Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 912 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

912 chrome wheels

I'm in need of a pair of rust-free stock chrome wheels for my 1969 912. I've talked to several dismantelers who've all told me they just throw them away. AURG!!! I need them!
Please mail me at JimboMGA@aol.com if you would be able to sell me a couple. Thanks.
Old 02-28-1998, 05:36 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Jimbo:

You might want to check out Wheel Enhancement at www.wheelenhancement.com to see if they have a trade-in program for the chrome wheels....and if you'd like, send an e-mail to the 912 Registry to post on the "For Sale" section of the page.

Cheers,
Rick Becker
http://pages.prodigy.net/beckers/912reg/index.html
Old 02-28-1998, 10:55 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi,

I was looking for some 'original' wheels for my '76 912E (which was delivered with 5.5x15 steel with hubcaps as seen in the original sales literature).

I sent out lots-o-emails to various suppliers and breakers and got several 'can do' replies. I bought 5 'like new' (Chromed) wheels in close to perfect condition from P.A.P. (they're on the web) for $40 each.

The original style hubcaps I got for virtually nothing at all after posting a 'wanted/needed' on the PorscheFans site.

The guys at P.A.P. thought it was strange I'd even want them. Try David Buhain at (use a search engine) as well. He's been very responsive to low cost and obscure parts requests.

Good Luck!! The wheels are out there- and there aren't many people who really want them!!

R/Dave Lovato

'76 912E #9126000496
Old 05-14-1998, 02:49 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Old 05-14-1998, 02:49 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: