Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 912 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Blazecut fire suppression

I could only find one thread that mentions the blazecut fire suppression system, and most people thought it was 'cool' but no mention of anyone purchasing it or installing it. It looks like a good deal (at least for a little extra piece-of-mind). Sizes range from 3'-12' and from about $100-200. The company is German so they must be good, right? I already have a halon extinguisher in the passenger footwell, but was thinking of getting one of these my 69' 912 (cuz I'm a little neurotic about it). I just don't know what size to get or the best way to mount it without drilling too many (or any) holes. In their youtube video, I think they have a 6' one for the bus, so I think that's the way to go. Anyone on here try it out yet or see some good/bad reviews?

As a side note, I don't own one, and I have no relations with the company. Just looking for a modest means to protect my investment.

Amazon link...
https://www.amazon.com/BlazeCut-Automatic-Suppression-Automotive-Extinguisher/dp/B00D7M3E7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489352902&sr=8-1&keywords=blazecut

Looking for Engine #4096213
Old 03-12-2017, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kswau1mGBE8
Old 03-13-2017, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Brett
I've seen these used on boats but have no actual experience with them. I'm not sure what the underhood temps reach in a 912 but they seem to work okay in VWs. Might be worth a few dollars to verify if the compartment reaches the 248F level with something like these..
TMC 10 strips THERMAX Temperature Label 5 Level Range D 104C -127C/219F-261F | eBay
(No affil. W/seller)
Either way, for the price it seems like a decent investment that would at least buy you some critical time in case of a fire.
Bill

(Pic from early 911S board)
Old 03-14-2017, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Blazecut

Here's a couple of ways to fit for ideas. This is the 6ft kit. I left it on the motor for a better position to the fuel source areas.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: