Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 912 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

912 what to do 1966

Hey everyone, first time writing here looking for help and to learn.

Long story short, I have a 912 form 1966 all original, I`ve never had to do anything to it since I bought it 5 years ago, and I almost use it as daily car, I love to see it, smell it, seat in it...just all the vintage feeling that I get is priceless.

As I'm from Spain and the hot weather is arriving my beauty is going to be parked for the next 3 months so its an excellent time to take car of her.

With my other old timers I take care of them in a friends garage, he is a great friend expert in classic racing cars, Diego Blanco.

So here is me looking for advises as I'm sure Diego knows how to work on my 912 I would love to have all the bullet points of what a full revision would be: cleaning, carbs, oil, breaks, gasket, valves, filters etc....

I've done some research myself on google and youtube but I would love and really appreciate any help as I have to buy all parts and supplies need for Diego to help me.

Thank you in advance for your time, all my best form Madrid!!!

Fer
Old 06-11-2018, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello Fer and welcome to the forum! There are a lot of extremely knowledgeable members here, so you've definitely come to the right place. To help you get started, I'm attaching a link to our site's DIY tech articles - this will be very helpful for you and your friend because it goes over the maintenance and repair procedures in detail. Other members will likely chime in with their expertise as well. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist with any part needs in the future.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/356/356tech_articles.htm
Old 06-11-2018, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thank you so much!!! going to start studying your link
Old 06-11-2018, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fer911 View Post
Thank you so much!!! going to start studying your link
No problem at all, I would also do a google search for "porsche 912 workshop manual" - that will have all the diagrams, torque specs, etc...extremely helpful guide.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Fer, make sure to check out the 912 Registry BBS ... beaucoup info there on the 912, lots of friendly people ready to help!
Old 06-17-2018, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: