Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Deal on mobile VCR's for track recordings

Thought I'd pass on a (non-EvilBay!) deal I found on the net that might make recording your track or AX sessions more affordable.

Jensen electronics makes a (relatively) small VHS VCR designed for mobile use. They seem to have discontinued production, because you can find them on the net for under $100 where they used to go for $200-$400. The model number is KVC-1500. Do a Google search on "Jensen Mobile VCR" and find out who's still got 'em. Here's a couple of links to folks who have them as of this post:

http://bobsmithsgifts.com/jen4headhifm.html
http://www.sell.com/29QHD
http://www.jsunlimited.net/A-109.shtml

I was able to mount the VCR vertically behind my driver's seat, (it comes with a remote) and use one of those ~$100 micro-video cameras mounted just above the rear view mirror. (Am still looking for the "best" camera, see my other post). Since the tape fits in my living room VCR, I can leave the whole rig in the car, instead of playing musical camcorders. As soon as the freakin' snow melts here, I'll post some pix or videos.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

That is similar to the unit I have been using for about 3 years now. They hold up very well. I use a PC17YC model camera from SuperCircuits (on the web) in Texas and it gives great video footage and has an 80 degree field of vision. I'd recommend getting some shock mounts instead of mounting it solid to the sheetmetal as I got vibrations in mine when solidly mounted. Good luck
Old 03-13-2003, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Well if you buy two, then get two cameras you can record BOTH directions during a race, etc!!!!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Kevin, not sure why you asked about 2 recorders. Note that the recorders I mentioned run on 12 volts only, so if the second one is for your living room...
Old 03-14-2003, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SteveStromberg Send a message via Yahoo to SteveStromberg
Check out this cam .www.bhphotovideo.com/bh6.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist _html___272598___SOCCDTRV318___REG___CatID=1871___ SID=F432C3D8F30
Old 03-16-2003, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: