Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to oredith Send a message via Yahoo to oredith
sticky tach

My car has been having this annoying problem with a dead tach when it's been sitting in the sun for a while.

The tach refuses to move whenever the car has been sitting in the sun for more than say 3 hours near the noon hours. I think the problem is mechanical, after driving it around for about 5 minutes, the tach SLOWLY climbs back up to it's working condition.

Has anyone else had similar problem? suggestions on possible fix?

thanks in advance,

Jeff
Old 09-28-1999, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hello Jeff,
I had the same problem and this was caused by the glass wich wasn't flat anymore.
I opened the matal black frontring with a little screwdriver and mounted the (plastic) glass the other way around.
succes.
Old 09-29-1999, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to oredith Send a message via Yahoo to oredith
Thanks for the input rené,

i'll check it again today when it gets hot. One note though, my tach has a plastic face as opposed to a glass face.. it's more suseptable to warping, but *mine* is actually pretty straight..

hope the lens solves it..

thank again,

Jeff
Old 09-29-1999, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: