Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

damn buzzer!

Alpright just to make sure! The seatbealt buzzer , if I take it out. Will it mess with the electrical at all in my 76 914? I just want to make sure before i start ripping it out.
Thank you
Mike
Old 09-28-1999, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Nope, you can unplug it with no other consequences. Ummm, except if you have one of those odd-ball 76es with the "74-only" seatbelt interlock relay. (At least one person with a 76 cars tells me he has one!) And then only if the buzzer is a part of the seatbelt relay. I've never seen a car where that was actually the case (I've only checked 3 or 4 cars) but it's all one block in the wiring diagram.

In that case, you want to get rid of the interlock relay anyway. Splice the two thick yellow (or one thick yellow and one thick yellow-with-red-stripe) wires together and throw the relay away. Do a nice watertight job (shrink tubing and all) and you'll never have to worry about *that* part of the starter circuit.

--DD
Old 09-28-1999, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thank you , I will gladly give that thing a nice tos off a cliff!
Old 09-28-1999, 11:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Old 09-28-1999, 11:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Old 09-28-1999, 11:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I have a 74 and the previous owner cut the sensors's wires; which if you pull out the bottom insert of you seat you'll notice a long oval rod which is inserted on top of the foam( look for the curly wires ) Thats all he did and no more BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Good luck

[This message has been edited by Dane (edited 09-29-1999).]
Old 09-29-1999, 12:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

If the 76 is anything like my 75, all you have to do is unplug the wire that comes out of the seat bottom cushion. Once that is unplugged, the buzzer will never know that you are sitting in your seat, so it won't buzz. And - it does not require any wire splicing.

Bobbitt
Old 09-29-1999, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: