Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Pictures from Mexicali Race

Here are several images from the race at Mexicali. My engine isn't done so we didn't race but went over to check out the show. Some of the pictures need no explaination, other are some examples of real creative engineering!!! The fuel cell behind the driver's seat was a shocker as was the yellow Capri with a gate latch and two sheet metal screws to hold the door closed. The open wheeled cars are south american spec racers called Fornula Rhino and have VW Bug pans, engines and suspension but a fiberglass body and wings. Really cool little cars much neater than Formula Vee.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Here's some more.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
John, I guess we know where your interests _really_ lay....

James
Old 04-08-2003, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

Cool

Gotta love that Rabbit bumper/spoiler held on by zip ties....

So John, I might have missed the news -- what engine are you building (did ya blow up the old one)?
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 04-08-2003, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SteveStromberg Send a message via Yahoo to SteveStromberg
Got any more photos of the Rhinos.Steve
Old 04-08-2003, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Didn't blow anything up at Willows, but banged up the ends of 4 of the titanium valves that were supposed to be hardened? The company later said they weren't and are supplying new ones and as far as I know I don't have to pay for the work either.
Anyways here are a couple more picts.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Very fine pictures. It looks like fun. It'd be a blast to drive one of those rhinos!
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 04-09-2003, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: