Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Yikes more tire size ?s

Hi all
OK you've probably heard this a gajillion times, but here goes - I'm putting a set of 7inch cookie- cutter wheels on (5 bolt conv), and am thinking of putting 225-50-15s on all around. It's flared, but I'm concerned that the inside of the fronts may rub. Should I use a spacer on the front, or should I go to a 205-50 instead up front? I'll probably have to use spacers on the rear to fill out the wheelwells also? Anyone with either combo?
Sorry to be so naieve (I probably spelled that wrong too) but if you don't ask questions, you never learn.
I've since sold the rivieras in the picture, and the paint is coming along nicely.

Cheers
Jeff

Old 04-10-2003, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

...sound of crickets.............tumbleweed going by.....howling wolf in distance.............Anyone?
Old 04-11-2003, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It's all about offset and backspacing. My Revolution 6.5 x 15" with 5 1/8" backspacing with 205/60 Yokos will rub the front inner panel at max lock. Find out the offset dimensions of stock and your 7" cookie cutters, add in the tires you are planning on using, do a little calculation for each, and you can figure it out.

Here is a wheel dimension link, but it doesn't list cookie cutters. I assume their offsets are the same as similar sized Fuchs.

http://members.rennlist.org/911pcars/WheelWts.html

Mike
Old 04-11-2003, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Where are you in NY? I just moved from Albany about 2 years ago.

I have a set of racing wheels with 225-60's on them. I think they are 7x15's, from American racing. They fit under with flares with no problem front and back.

50's will make the speedo read high and give you lots of RPMs on the highway. But it depends on your plan for the vehicle.

James
Old 04-11-2003, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hey Red-Beard
Thanks for the info, I'll go ahead and order a set of 225-50s I think. I'm in Rochester (I run a tiny printshop for the University of Rochester), and I've come to the realization that there's never gonna be Summer ever again. Maybe I'll trade all my junk for a coupl'a nice snowmobiles.
I've never been to Albany, but I bid on a blue 914 on Ebay a few months back that was there, but it went for waaay more than it should have.
ch-ch-ciao
JEFF
Old 04-11-2003, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: