Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Motor Mounts Got Done

Do ya think these were broke for a long time?
The back end of the car felt like it would come off the ground if I took off hard from a dead stop. Then, there was also a suttle rocking of the gear shift giving throttle & letting off. I figured it had to be so away they went bye bye....
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 04-11-2003, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

So, how does it feel now? Like night and day?
Old 04-12-2003, 12:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Bruce, c'mon, a little Armor All, and they'll be good as new!

Then you can put em' on Ebay and someone wiil HAVE to have em'!

Don
Race a Porsche - There's more to life than left turns!
Old 04-12-2003, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Wow, those mounts are shot. Are you doing this with the engine in the car? If so, how do you reach the nuts that hold the mounts to the engine? I'm replacing mine but I have the engine out at the moment. The old mounts on my car are the originals, but they are still in one piece.

Mike
Old 04-12-2003, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Chris, I haven't gotten it off the ramps yet. Need to change the oil. Since I had to remove the oil filter I figured I'd change the oil. Like Zeke says, "It's funny how an oil change can make a car run better!"

Don, Armor All would prolly do the trick. I'd have to beat the ebayers off with a bat there'd be so many scramblin' to get at them babies!!!

Mike, yup, the engine was in. Not too hard either. I just dropped the left side of the engine bar. Disconnected the tranny linkage that goes through the bar so the bar could hang farther down and loosened the passenger side of the bar. You need a short handled ratchet (no more than 8") to get above the nuts for the bar and the mounts.... there's room but not much (2 -4 clicks amount of room!). Once the bar is down & the old mounts are out slinde the new mounts into the engine flanges & tighten them. When you go to put the engine bar back up in place the long bolt part of the mount won't line up with the holes in the bar because of the angle it is hanging at. Since the mounts are made of rubber you can bend the passenger side mount to line up with the hole in the bar & slide it up until the drivers side reaches the bar & then do the same with it. Put a nut on one of them to hold it up there. I had to put a jack under the drivers side of the bar to get it up high enough so I could start the nut that holds the bar in place. Connect the tranny linkage and yer off!!!
Make sure you block the engine before you do all this though.
With the engine out just stick them in now Have fun!
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 04-12-2003, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

damn, another item i forgot to get when i ordered. from pelican.i'm going to get them before i put the 2.0 back in the car.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: