Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
canna change law physics

Garage
Sideshift conversion

The actual conversion of the tranny went well and was done and installed in the car in less than 3 hours.

However, I am now on to the shift rod conversion. Looks like my custom shiftrod from the 1971 will not work as is. The PO put the required bends in for the shift rod to work in an early 4 cylinder. I'm going to have to cut out his work and install a straight peice of pipe to the rod is straight.

I know a few of you have done this before. Can someone post the pictures?

James
Old 04-19-2003, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If you need any welding done tomorrow, let me know as I can weld most anything (except magnesium). Did you get the coveralls? Good luck
Old 04-19-2003, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
I ended up brazing the rod together. I'll see how it worked. Yep, I found the package on the door. Thanks! Oh and I still have your wife's tupperware container.

James
Old 04-20-2003, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: