Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

914 Parts deals gone Good!

[mount soapbox]

Every once in awhile we have a good experience with a parts vendor and with so much bashing of various suppliers lately, I thought I would share a really good experience I recently had.

Over the last 4+ years I have bought many $$$ worth of parts from almost every 914 parts vendor, the vast majority have been good buys and a few have been regrettable. I want to continue supporting vendors who deliver what they say they have without surprises. As a seller, I have also sold many parts new and used…it comes with being a 914 owner I guess. I sincerely hope that all the people who have bought things from me are pleased, as I do this for fun. My customers are my friends and I want to help them out, not rip them off and to keep these great cars on the road for the next generation to enjoy.

So recently I bought some 914 parts off eEE’Bay from Brian Frenz known as jbfrenz. They parts were new, but turned out to be not to my satisfaction. Brian agreed to a refund, and they were shipped back. But somewhere en route, apparently the US Post Office decided to test the strength of my cardboard box to failure, and fail it did, and it was not insured (doesn’t the Post office carry liability insurance for their mistakes…?). Only 2 of the four parts made it back to Brian, which were delivered in an open box! (when the box exploded why don’t they at least try to pick up the pieces and repackage?) I am looking for a postal worker with 2 new 914 engine bay seals in his 914…if you know one who says he ‘found’ them, please contact me…

After Brian and I put this all together, he promptly returned my full payment including shipping costs both ways, even though I did not ask for, deserve or expect a full refund and that speaks volumes about a vendor to me. Talk about integrity. I will definitely go to jbfrenz next time, and anyone else who treats me like I am their only customer.

Moral: When we deal with a big 914 parts house, an individual seller or as customer, we need to accept responsibility for those things within our control, to under-promise and over-perform. Accurately and fully describe things for sale and be fair and honest, don’t exaggerate. Anything less is no fun for anyone, don’t be selfish or greedy, it will come around to bite you.

I wish all buyers and sellers could be reliable and have integrity at this level. Its what makes this still fun. If it ever becomes not fun, I will sell my 914…

[end soapbox]
Old 04-28-2003, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Good to hear satisfaction. I was taking my cover off one day, and my new Porsche crest broke off that I got for Christmas from Tweeks, the two studs on the crest broke clean. I emailed a nice letter to them telling them what happened, and that It hadent been driven much and if this was normal, and if it was possible to get a new one. I got a response after a few days and they asked for the original buyer and address, or the manufacture number so they know which one I broke. Told them and asked if I could get a newer year crest (the 75+ instead of the 66-74) because I liked it better. They said sure! Then asked if I wanted it to be shipped to me or the original buyers address (I receaved it as a gift)!! Good people!!

Tweeks Good..
Old 04-28-2003, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Rob914
I bought an OEM interior light from auto atlanta for 45 dollars, when i got it, it was not oem it was the same aftermarket light that tweeks sells for about 10, I called them and told them and they said that they would put the 30 some dollars back on my credit card well this went on for a while and they never reembursed be for it, i have only heard negative things about ***********, however i did find an oem light in very good condition from glenn slager, a914luvr, on ebay best deal ive ever done.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the plug Jeff. I always try to please my customers whether it is a used item or new item. Even if it isn't my fault (shipping in this case) I try to help out. And I always go the extra mile for repeat customers such as yourself. A happy customer is a repeat customer.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Jeff, dang, I knew your name sounded familiar. I just won a set of KYB front shocks off of Ebay from you. You sent me an email stating you could not ship untill Saturday. Nice doing business with a fellow 914 owner and listmember.

Jay Jobes

"Don't retreat, reload." Sarah Palin
Old 04-29-2003, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Like wise Jay...my shocks going on that pristine car of yours...what a privilege...
Old 04-29-2003, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now if I could just have the heart to install a wide body kit and a 3.6l in her.....

"Don't retreat, reload." Sarah Palin
Old 04-29-2003, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: