Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

relocation of battery

i want to move my battery cause of future rust and space in the motor compartment.I remember running into a page with pointers on this upgrade(if you want to consider it one)Cant find it now .Also i d love to hear anyone elses input also trile and error with doing this. It would be very helpful.Thnk you again!
mike
Old 10-19-1999, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I put mine in the rear trunk. Used aircraft quality cables. I bolted in a plastic tray and used a good after market tie down. Also added an emergency cutoff while we were at it. I kept it on the passenger side for weight balance. (Probably better than before, but haven't had it on the scales to check.) It keeps the rain off and allows a good deal more room in the engine compartment. The drawback is that you cannot store the targa in the rear trunk anymore.
Old 10-20-1999, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to macman
I was considering this move also, untill i went the autoparts store and saw that they now sell batteries with an overflow valve, so i ran that with a hose through the drainage pipe for the engine lid drip cup to the ground. Just a thought.

------------------
Michael Scheid
(206) 232-9854
Old 10-24-1999, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
Why not just get a sealed battery. I've got a Optima 800 CCA battery, can be mounted upside down and won't leak.
Old 10-24-1999, 09:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hey I've done this relocation to the rear trunk. It's no problem! I drilled a hole to run the cable, also placed a nice rubber grommet. It's great & my top fits w/no problems.
Old 10-25-1999, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: