Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fuel injectors

Car is a '74 1.8. How do you remove the fuel injectors? Need to see if I'm getting spray or if they are blocked. Car sat up for 3 years. Have fire at plugs and fuel pump OK. Also, is there a way to clean the injectors without having to replace them?
Old 11-05-1999, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Above each injector is a 10mm nut. Before removing, disconnect your battery, crimp off the fuel lines and then remove carefully. Don't forget that there is a rubber donout like gasket that surrounds the part that extends into the port. This would be a good time to replace them,,,,Good Luck.

BTW-If you have not already done so, get a Haynes manual for your car.

[This message has been edited by mikez (edited 11-05-1999).]
Old 11-05-1999, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Having just completed this task myself, a few tips...
There are actually two rubber gaskets per injector, so replace both of them. When you remove an injector, as long as it is still attached to the fuel rail there should be no problem with gas leaking. If you remove the injector from its individual fuel hose, then you will get raw gas spilling out. A golf tee should plug it effectively. I would not crimp the fuel hose. Also, the little elbow section of fuel line attaching the injector to the fuel rail is specially formed to that shape because a straight section of regular fuel hose tends to kink when bent to that angle. If the OEM fuel hose clamps have been replaced with the "radiator hose" type clamps consider changing them back to the stock type. Finally, be gentle when you unplug the injector connector -- its pretty easy to pull one of the wires out of the connector (ask me how I know!).
Old 11-06-1999, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: