Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

blower motor, '71 914

The blower motor that's situated above the engine is running whenever my key is turned to the accessories position, and whenever the car is running (regardless of postion of cabin heater switch). Is this blower motor supposed to be running at all times?

Also, I got the parking brake switch working correctly. Thanks!
Old 11-12-1999, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The heater blower should only come on with the lever pulled up all the way or nearly so. Look for the wire that connects to the lug on the lever to be off and touching metal or the lever grounding to one of the tubes in the tunnel before it comes up fully. Our 1974 would run at full off or full on? The lug on the lever was touching a line in the tunnel at the off position. Finally check the wires at the blower to make sure they are bare and touching anywheres. Good luck.
Old 11-12-1999, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to paulhagedorn
You might also want to check the relay on the relay board in the engine compartment. Sometimes it goes bad where the fan will stay on. I had the problem that if the relay was plugged in, the fan ran all of the time. I replaced it with a new relay and it worked fine.

Paul
Old 11-12-1999, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: