Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Plating Door Handles

Has anyone had their 914 door handles replated and have any advice and recommendations.

Mine are a bit scratched up, one has some plating worn through, and one has a "ripple" in the plating. After repainting and redoing all the aluminum, etc, these handles are not up to snuff with the rest of the car.

Your experience, advice, and referals are very much appreciated. (Also, what did it cost you?)

Happy motoring,

Pete
Old 11-18-1999, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Are your handles crome? If so, you shouldn't paint over crome.
My handles are crome, and I'd get them dipped.
Old 11-19-1999, 04:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
The handles are Chrome plated pot metal.
Old 11-19-1999, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I would try to find a shop that does restorations and have then take care of it. A bumper plating shop could destroy the pot metal. I have seen several cars in the San Diego area with anodized trim including door handles that match the car, but that isn't stork, but it looked really nice?
Old 11-19-1999, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: