Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

914 book "Caught by Camera"

I have seen a book called "Caught by Camera" in various places, apparently containing photos and history of the 914. Does anyone else have this book and can it be recommended?
Old 11-28-1999, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I purchased this book a few years back from the dreaded Automobile Atlanta. It is a neat little book filled with some good 914 pics. Most of the pictures are of european cars due to the authors being from the Nietherlands. If you are into drawing and painting these cars as i am it is a good idea/photographic resource book, but the steep $55 price tag is something worth contemplating. Lets put it this way, I really love cars, but I am crazy about the 914. Had this book been based on any other car I would not have purchased it, but since it was a 914 book and the fact that I must have anything 914 I bought it! Over priced yes, but the 914 is an under photographed/recognized car so yes if mine was destroyed I would repurchase this book. Another neet thing that my book has that I do not know if all books have is the signature of one of the authers Earnst-Jan Mastenbroek in the front cover. Hope this helps. : )
Old 11-28-1999, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
There is a guy on the Renegade site that occasionally sells them, a lot cheaper than $55.00. I got one a while back...$40. Nicely done, not real current but a nice collectable.
Old 11-29-1999, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: