Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Daves D-Jet Hose Drawing

Dave, or anyone who knows.
In this drawing http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_specs/914_20FI_diag.htm
Where do the two hoses go that are disapearing on the upper left side of the drawing? Thanks
Old 11-16-1999, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to oredith Send a message via Yahoo to oredith
if you mean the upper right.. the one's that are disappearing under the battery.. i believe they're going to the fuel pump..
Old 11-16-1999, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The air lines connect to the plastic lines that come from the fuel tank area. These lines come into the engine compartment from under the relay board. My car does not have the charcoal cannister or the other thing that is supposed to be sitting on top of the tank. I can't remember what it is called. If a PO has removed these things, you might not have the lines running from the fuel tank area to the engine compartment. I had mine hooked up incorrectly for a long time, didn't notice any difference.

Hope this helps.

PRITCHARD
Old 11-16-1999, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have a question regarding the configuration of the FI lines.
In the fuel pressure regulator which end is supposed to be connected to the out going line and which goes to the in coming?

Steve M
Old 11-16-1999, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I do mean the ones on the upper left. And if Pritchard is correct the go to the charcoal cannister... Is that on a 2.0 F.I. D-Jet system. If so I think I need one

And for kicks, lets see how many faces I can make
:| :O
Old 11-16-1999, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Steve, I had mine set up backwards, and on the wring side (Regulating on the incomming fuel line, not the returning one). Proplem, no fuel. I found out which way was correct by undowing a fuel line that runs to the injectors and putting it into a 20oz Coke bottle. Then by cranking the engine for a sec I could see the amount of fuel being sent. If its the wrong way, no fuel comes out. If its on the return line, little fuel comes out. And if its on the right way, lots of fuel comes out. BTW - Be safe and dont smoke while doing this, dont weld at the same time, dont use a hair dryer, and...
Old 11-16-1999, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I tried connecting the hoses to the pressure regulator in both configurations and I still get fuel flow. So is my pressure regulator bad? I've never ran into any drivability problems.

Steve M
Old 11-26-1999, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Well, I would guess, and this is only a guess, that the regulator needs adjusting. I heard somewhere that these regulators are like Rocky Balboas, they just never fail.
Old 11-29-1999, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
If your fuel pressure is correct, and it stays that way when you rev up the engine, then the hose routing is correct. Or at least good enough.

--DD
Old 11-29-1999, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: