Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

carburetors again

I have a 74 1.8 litre porsche. This car has been converted to a carburetor. This is a dual throat unit with the choke coil on the back side facing the rear of the car.
It has a vacuum line going from it to the distributor. Can anybody tell me what make of carb. this is? The car runs fine with this setup but I would like to know make it is and if it is still made.
Old 11-30-1999, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
If it is a progressive two Barrel...probably a Pinto/Weber....
Old 11-30-1999, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Yep! They still sell those carb setups all over the place mainly in the VW market. I have seen many of them do well and many which have not. They are economical especially if you are on a budget and can't get duals. They do tend to have flat spots. The progressive setup new will cost about 225.00 which is why most people buy it instead of dual carbs but the extra 200-300.00 in my opinion is worth it for the duals.
Old 11-30-1999, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I had one that was a Solex.
Old 11-30-1999, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: