Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
canna change law physics

Garage
Baja III

No time like the present to start planning the next expedition.

What weekends work for people? We want to maximize the group. There is safety in numbers!

Maybe drop in to some of the TJ bodyshops, etc, before the run.

Mexicali? San Felipe?

James
Old 09-01-2003, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I never know when I will be free but count me in anyway. If I know in advance, I can plan it and make arrangements to be available. One of the advantages to being self employed.

Scott

75 Slantnose V8
03 S-10 Extended cab stepside in Yellow
72 914 Parts car
Old 09-01-2003, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
I figure about another 2 months, give the locals a chance to forget we were down there...

Halloween or Day of the dead, maybe?

James
Old 09-01-2003, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Will you be bringing a co-pilot this time?
Old 09-02-2003, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
grind weld build

Garage
maybe my orange car will be ready by then
73 Orange, CS #601
73 Rayco V8 glug, glug
69 911 w/82 turbo look on 275 35 18s (for sale)
Trek 6500+
Sean M!
Old 09-02-2003, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Come'on people. I can count at least 5 people who said they wanted to go on Baja II but the weekend wouldn't work for them.

Let's start chiming in on which days around the End of October would work for you.

Steve, Kevin, Mike, Miles, John

James
Old 09-02-2003, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
If it replicates the last one, I am going for sure. That was so much fun I am still coming down from the adrenaline rush. You guys just dont know what you missed.

75 Slantnose V8
72 914 Parts car
Old 09-02-2003, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikester
Hey James, I got your message...

I think the only weekend in October I'm available is the weekend of the 18th. The rest, especially towards the end Gwen's needing my support in planning the wedding which is in the middle of November. We've also been looking for a house to buy as we're putting our Condo up for sale soon. Just lots going on...After the wedding I'll be more available.

That's not to say though I couldn't get away for an afternoon or a morning trip or even just a day trip somewhere.

I heart Boobies
Old 09-02-2003, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
For Baja III, I think something like this:

Meet Early. Drive down CA 94 and do Lyons Valley road (Both directions). Then down to Tecate cross boarder and cross. Then drive 2 or 2D to TJ and then Highway 1D down to La Fonda/La Mission and onto the Old Highway 1. Run that both Directions.

Have dinner in Puerto Nuevo. Drive up 1D and cross the border at the regular TJ crossing, early evening.

Lets get a show of hands who can make it on the 25th of October and who can make it on Nov 2nd.

Anyone up for a small party scouting trip, possibly in SUVs instead of 914s ? I want to explore Highway 2 from TJ to Mexicali. Like Highway 1 has 1D, Highway 2 has a twin 2D. There may be some terrain along 2 which may make it worthy.

James
Old 09-02-2003, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest Not to put cold water on the idea

but, what's the fascination with Mexico?

Once I turned 21, I found very few reasons to go.

The eastern part of San Diego county has vastly superior roads, fewer cops, no insurance problems and AAA should it be needed.

There are some great places to drive just 1/2 hour from any of our homes.

A day trip would be so much more manageable fo a good many of us, I would think.

Just my $.02
Old 09-02-2003, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
But it wouldn't be Baja III

Bruhahahahahaha!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by red-beard
Let's start chiming in on which days around the End of October would work for you.

Steve, Kevin, Mike, Miles, John

James
Well, If I'm invited too, Saturdays is my only day off. But I can schedule days off in advance, if I get enough notice.
So let's get it together people!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
If I have an empty seat and you cant find anyone else, you can ride me me anytime.

75 Slantnose V8
72 914 Parts car
Old 09-02-2003, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
I like the over nighters, it gets me away from home, work and people bugging me to fix something. It's like a mini vacation. I think a Laughlin or Vegas run would be cool too. I love to gamble and do not get that many chances to do so. If anyone would be setting that one up, count me in.

75 Slantnose V8
72 914 Parts car
Old 09-02-2003, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Toast - that was directed at the people who couldn't make this one....Some people went to extraordinary lengths to go on this mission...
Old 09-02-2003, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by red-beard
Toast - that was directed at the people who couldn't make this one....Some people went to extraordinary lengths to go on this mission...
Ohh...and I know, you don't need to tell me about that.......

My hand is raised for October 25th. I work on Nov. 2, but I could take it off if I know in advance.

Last edited by Toast; 09-03-2003 at 12:23 PM..
Old 09-03-2003, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
grind weld build

Garage
OK, i'll go tear up my car some more. I am adding an external cooler
73 Orange, CS #601
73 Rayco V8 glug, glug
69 911 w/82 turbo look on 275 35 18s (for sale)
Trek 6500+
Sean M!
Old 09-03-2003, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
That is my next upgrade, It came on Friday and I did not have time to put it all in. The one I got has a fan with it. Should make a little difference. We will see.

75 Slantnose V8
72 914 Parts car
Old 09-03-2003, 01:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Scott: Post some pictures, link, where ya got it from, etc.

James
Old 09-03-2003, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
The oil cooler?? I bought it on Evil Bay for like $60.00 used. The rest of the parts I got from CB performance. They carry the adapter, the hoses, the remote oil filter housing and everything else I needed. I am just trying to figure out where to put it now. With the fan on it. It looks like it will need at least an inch or so to pull air and that will make is stick down from the top about 6 inches. My concern is the heat from the exhaust pipes will just make the air warm. I will take some pics and post them.

75 Slantnose V8
72 914 Parts car
Old 09-03-2003, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: