Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
new job, new location in my profile, new home for my 914...

This past weekend I moved everything I own and my 914 from San Diego up to my new home in Mountain View, CA.

My "other" car was driven up the week before, less than 8 hours after installing a new clutch and rebuilt transmission.

I am starting a new job next Monday and still settling in. This is a big move for me but I have already been to the local Harbor Freight Tools so I think it's going pretty well.

Hopefully I will make it to some 914 events in the near future.

The truck I rented was great and the car carrier was fairly easy to manage. Budget made the rental pretty painless and the return site was only a block or two from where I moved in. The rates were decent too. I did slow to a crawl (30mph) through the Grapevine and also on highway 152. I had never driven a vehicle this large before so that was scary. Now I know what a blind spot really is.

Oh, and I stopped in Buttonwillow on the way up here at the Motel 6 to get some rest, and there was a race-ready red 914 in the parking lot. Anyone on here??
Old 09-02-2003, 10:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I never knew the rider trucks were saturn yellow.

Good luck with the new job and home.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Perfect match for the Car color.

Too bad you missed Baja II...

James
Old 09-03-2003, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I guess that makes Ryder trucks FASTER the Uhaul trucks ??

914-6 in the Werks
Old 09-03-2003, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
LOL!!!

So, where in MV are you? I used to live on Easy Street (twice!) and over on Rengstorff. I'm in Sunnyvale now.

Don't forget to make the 9:14 AM breakfasts, last Saturday of the month! (I may not make the next one, though!) Usually at IHOP in Santa Clara.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-03-2003, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Va914
I guess that makes Ryder trucks FASTER the Uhaul trucks ??
From the comments, appearently not....
Old 09-03-2003, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I live near San Antonio and Middlefield but on the Mountain View side. It seems like a decent area and Fry's is only 10 minutes away. Awesome.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

That is a beautiful area up there! I did an internship up there at the Camp Joe Sherman Girl Scouts Camp where I surveyed their property boundaries and documented GPS coordinates to make new maps for them. Ok, sounds boaring, but I like it.
Point being, it is a beautifuly nice area and I think you will enjoy it. Good luck to you!

They say rusty yellow cars are faster, but maybe any yellow one will do. Nice car Jeff. Hope to see you on one of the runs.

Toast
Old 09-03-2003, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Toast, I don't think you're thinking of the same area. Jeff has just moved into the middle of Silly-Con Valley, up here in the Bay Area. A very built-up area without very many opportunities for Girl Scouts to do surveying...

--DD

Old 09-03-2003, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

OOhhhh, well this Camp was located in Mountain View, up by Idywilde. It is in the San Berdo. National Forest. Oh well, still a nice area. And I still wish Good Luck to Jeff.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Heh! We have an "Idyllwild" up this-a-way, too. It's in the middle of the Santa Cruz Mountains (very small mountains, LOL!) on the way from San Jose to Santa Cruz.

Lotsa names in several places.

--DD

Old 09-03-2003, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Welcome to 914 Paradise Jeff. You've been a long time 914 honcho down 'there'...glad you saw trhe light and moved up here.

As Dave says, please be sure to join in the fun of the 9:14 breakfasts. Last Saturday of every month. Details are posted here and elsewhere mid month so be on the watch. There is a large 914 following here and lots of 914 muchachos...
Old 09-03-2003, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
I will be sure to make it to the next 9:14 breakfast. Sounds like fun.

I already have a couple 914 projects I need to take care of... Welding the right rear trunk hinge and cleaning out my oil cooler.

Anyone want to teach me how to weld?
Old 09-03-2003, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: