Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

ok.. since we're giving opions about what

a car's worth... I'm thinking about selling my baby - well not my new 4 month old daughter... my original baby - 1974 2.0l. I just don't think I have the time anymore (new house/new baby) to work on it.

photos!!

Engine was rebuilt 2 yrs ago - has about 300 miles (if that) on it. Tires and rims have about 200 miles. Bilstein shocks, Supertrapp muffler, brand new Weber 44IDFs, new battery, complete carpet kit (not installed yet). Seats have been recovered and look great. Pedal cluster just bead blasted/powdercoated and rebuilt. All electical is fine except reverse lights. Backpad in good to great shape.

Needs carpet installation, new throttle cable, carbs adjusted, timing set. Oil leak(imagine that) looks like coming from a pushrod tibe seal. That's probably it for mechanical work. The shifting is decent - sometimes have problems getting into 4th/5th - but that's from a lack of adjustment. I was screwing around with the shifter linkage and nailed reverse/1st/2nd/3rd, but needs readjustment for 4th/5th.

Anywho... plz let me know what I should be able to get for it..

thanks a ton.
robert.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
link doesn't work mein freund....
Old 09-08-2003, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

rats.. how about now
Old 09-08-2003, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jamcleod
i'd say you'll never get paid back emotionally and, no insult intended, a typical 914 is what, say $4k. keep it and when you can get around to it, work on it. heck, you have a garage! you'll regret it if you let it go
73 914 2.0 CIS #80
74 914 1.8L L-jet
83 911SC
Old 09-08-2003, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Besides, Yellow cars are faster!

75 Slantnose V8
03 S-10 Extended cab stepside in Yellow
72 914 Parts car
Old 09-08-2003, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Potter
That is a total piece of junk. I will be willing to sacrifice my time and effort to drag it off of your property if you pay me, let's say, $700. You don't want that ugly, horrible, money munching, time consuming thing around your house. I'll do you the favor of disposing of it for you for the low low price of $700. OK...........I'm a good guy...........you give me $500 and I will rid you of this problem car.

My wife just gets annoyed.........but, man, I crack me up.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Potter
That is a total piece of junk. I will be willing to sacrifice my time and effort to drag it off of your property if you pay me, let's say, $700. You don't want that ugly, horrible, money munching, time consuming thing around your house. I'll do you the favor of disposing of it for you for the low low price of $700. OK...........I'm a good guy...........you give me $500 and I will rid you of this problem car.

My wife just gets annoyed.........but, man, I crack me up.
yeah.. you sound like a real catch. lol.

anyway, you guys are right, I'd never get back what I've put in emotionally or in time. I really never thought I would. And, I probably will regret it in six months or a year. i dunno what do to...

My wife gets angry because my BMW 540i is sitting outside while my 914 is in the garage(I'm not altogether sure it should be the other way around)
Old 09-09-2003, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Rouser Send a message via AIM to Rouser
Yeah, I get that "garage priority" speach from the Significant Other every two-three days, but mostly because my '74 parts car is taking up the second slot.

Will be getting rid of it real soon, unless I'd rather she paint her speach on the garage walls.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

The 2 nicest 914's Ive seen here the owners were partial with parting with them...they had so much emotionally and financially into them that they was not going down on the asking price a bit.....One said that after he sold his 1st 914 for a 911 he kicked himself because he really enjoyed the 914 better...his 911 didnt have a removable top ...He found one some 14 years later and now he is going through the same thing when its time for him to part with it but he is moving cross country ...The other guy....well lets just say his wife wants it gone but he tells her no one will buy it....trust me : he is not a motivated seller...lol
Ole' Yellar looks nice...I vote for KEEP IT
86 Fiero
Old 09-09-2003, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Potter
I need the garage space myself........so I intend to ask the old lady down the street who has a 2 slot garage (but only one car) if she'll trade the space for lawn mowing and snow shoveling. Seems like a good trade, and my baby would be only a couple houses away.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

LOL my $26,000 pick up sits outside parked on the street while my $12,000 Porsche sits in the garage all covered up and comfy. My wife can't figure that one out
Old 09-09-2003, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hold on to it, you will regret letting it go. Mine was a wedding present from my wife. (3 years next Wed) I got to work on it for about 2 mo. then we moved to S.A. on hold for a few months, then she got pregnant, on hold untill the baby was a year, then we bought a new house on hold for another year. I am just now finally getting to start in again but I know that if I had let it go I would have spent the time regretting rather than anticipating.
Ron
Old 09-10-2003, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

ronh... what color is yours?
Old 09-11-2003, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

there's another 914 at our north campus.. i thought that might be yours... but they drive it daily (almost) so it may not be...
Old 09-11-2003, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Mine is yellow -- most of it. I have done some sanding on the rear checking for bondo.
Ron
Old 09-11-2003, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: