Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
10 yrs already??

aftermarket wheels

I was just looking at the AA website, (no, not alcoholics anonymous) and they have some wheels that are 16x7 that aren't stock that fit under the stock fenders, is there anywhere else i can get aftermarket wheels for a good deal, that look good, (that i don't have to screw up my camber for) that don't cost more than what my car is worth, and still fit under the fenders? (it's 914, you all know how much they're worth)
Old 12-12-1999, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Friends don't let friends buy from AA....you have been warned....8^)
Old 12-12-1999, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
10 yrs already??

ok, thanks for telling me where i can get wheels.
Old 12-12-1999, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
I would need a little more information for that...are you planning on keeping the four lug pattern? If you are there a very limited amount of wheels for that...the lug pattern is not used any more on new cars...

If you are going to upgrade your brakes and to the five lug Porsche pattern then, your options are open....you need to look at what your future mods will be...

Just my $.02...
Old 12-12-1999, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
TTRS Racing carries Revolution wheels which are available in a variety of sizes, offsets, etc.

http://www.ttrsracing.com

--DD
Old 12-12-1999, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
10 yrs already??

i'll probably stick with the four bolt pattern for quite awhile. I have a set of 14x5.5 shelby viper wheels on my car right now, and i'd rather have 15's or 16's with low profile tires.
thank you for the site.
Old 12-13-1999, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I just purchased 4 bolt wheels from a company called California Imports (604)434-8300. They look almost exactly like the basket weave pattern made by Kinesis or Fikse. They are a two piece wheel, only available in a 15" diameter, but they can be ordered in any offset or width up to 8" wide. They come fully polished only. For a 6" set of four they want 599.00, for 8" they want 799.00. Lead time for me was 6+ weeks. They have an alloy center with a steel outer.

------------------
Old 12-13-1999, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
I ordered wheels from a company called HRE. I don't have their info anymore but they custom make any offset any size. However the old sayng hold true; How trick do you want your wheels to be, how much money do you have to spend.
Old 12-13-1999, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Another option for wheels are the very nice Panasport "mini-lite" style wheels. These are probably the nicest after market wheels you can find with the correct offset and bolt pattern for stock 914's. They are very high quality, very strong, and light weight. A local supplier quoted me about $220 per wheel. To see them on a 914 go to http://members.rennlist.org/demonspawn914/index.htm and go to the project section. Hope this helps.

-Brent
Old 12-13-1999, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Does Panasport have a website? or who is a good dealer for them in either Oregon, Wash, or Calif.????

anyone?

pc
Old 12-14-1999, 05:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Just browsing your message board and found that Dave was kind enough to refer you to us regarding Revolution Wheels for your 914. We have a variety of sizes and offsets to suit various 914 applications and would be willing to discuss size, price and weights with you. You may contact us through our website at www.ttrsracing.com or call us at 800-872-5894.
Old 12-14-1999, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Well, hey... After you were kind enough to answer my queries, I figured it was the least I could do! ;^)

Plus it seemed a good service to do for the crowd here. I figure, if we don't carry the wheels (and we don't that I've been told), I could at least provide the info that I've dug up.

Anyway, glad to see you on the BBS!

--DD
Old 12-14-1999, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: