Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wheel clearance

I was looking at the tires on my 74 914 recently when I noticed something strange.
The clearance between the sidewall and the inner fender on the left rear tire was only half an inch and on the right side the clearance was one inch. What is going on?
The body is straight with no dents.
Old 12-15-1999, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to oredith Send a message via Yahoo to oredith
i think it's a feature of the *hand assembled* aspect of our car.. mine shares something of a similar offset. Mike Z. would say that it was really just dependent on how many drinks Hans had the day he was putting your car together...

Old 12-15-1999, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
And check the trailing arm bushings. Go to the local alignment shop for a free estimate. If you get the right guy he'll show and tell you if anythings wrong.
Old 12-15-1999, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: