Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

914 clubs

Can anyone tell me which of the two clubs is more informative or if one has a better newsletter than the other? I am thinking of joining one and want to join the better of the two.
Old 12-12-1999, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
At the moment, the 914 Owner's Association has the better newsletter and such. Actually, the 914 Club is kind of in limbo at the moment. It isn't really accepting new members, there is no newsletter, there are no officers, etc. The only remnant is the website, at http://www.dgi.net/914 and that is free for all to use.

PCA has a 914 SIG (Special Interest Group) that is currently in process of forming. We'll see how that goes.

There has been some interest expressed in geting the 914 Club rolling again, but no certain direction on what the new club will look like.

--DD
Old 12-12-1999, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Actually, there is a new 914 enthusiasts group forming as we speak. The group will be centered in the San Francisco Bay Area and the first meet is scheduled for January 15, 2000. The group will meet and drive the twisties on Highway 9 from Saratoga to Boulder Creek (and back?), and begin to generate ideas for future events and activities of the club.

The website created by Randy Wentzel, is under formation and can be seen at http://www.sonic.net/mediaman/914/

Check it out, this should be fun!
Old 12-13-1999, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks Dave and Jeff, your answer is exactly what I was looking for!

P.S. are out of staters alloued to join the new club being formed in Cali.? I visit Sacramento and San Francisco about once a year and would like to meet up with some 914 enthusiests. The 914 scene in Michigan is not so big, but you would be suprised at what you can find if you have a keen eye. I live near the UofM and alot of students have brought these cars here for daily transpotation and sadly killed alot of them with salt I will be in Cali soon and hope to meet up with guys and gals for the first meeting. I wish you good luck if I don't make it and BURRRRRRR! It's cold up here!!
Old 12-15-1999, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
You can speak up on this BBS (also on the Rennlist if you're a subscriber) about when you'll be in town. Whichever town that is.

If you get to the SF Bay Area, I'll be happy to meet somewhere for a couple a' brews or dinner or some such, and you can see the infamous dead blue car.... ;^)

--DD
Old 12-15-1999, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hey Dan, you should email Randy Wentzel through the website address in the previous post and let him know if you're coming, the 'membership criteria' is still under formation, but the central requirement is an enthusiasm for the car. I'm sure that you'd be a strong contender for the 'travelled the furthest' prize. Maybe a free lunch? It is still cold here in California these days, though not by your standards - I doubt there will be any targas removed for this event, so bring stuff to keep warm and hopefully we won't have any rain.

Dave - some of us haven't had a chance to meet your eminence yet (including me) and see the infamous blue car. Are you contemplating an appearance?
Old 12-16-1999, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to randoid
Hi Jeff!

The club, web site and the meet are really coming together. Thank you everyone for all the suggestions and help you have provided. Please keep it up! We need more suggestions for future meets including autocrosses, swap meets, andů? I also need a list of Porsche and 914 specific recourses in California to post on the site. Who might want to sponsor different events? There are a lot of details that still need to be tightened up. The website, www.sonic.net/mediaman/914 , is still a baby. I realize we need a domain name too. I might take that plunge during the next week or two. Any ideas for the domain name?

The next meet will take place (most likely) in the Alameda area or in the Sac / Davis area. The goal is to circulate the meets around northern California, hitting different 914 hot spots. This will not be a static club.

I am conjuring up a final, official announcement regarding the Porsche 914 Club of Northern California's meet in January. The website is currently up to date and all details regarding the meet can be found there. Please post your ideas regarding future events and club / site suggestions at the site, under the "events" link. Once I tie up a few loose ends, there will be another announcement.

Thanks

--
Randy Wentzel
Porsche 914 Club of Northern California
randyw@sonic.net www.sonic.net/mediaman/914

Old 12-16-1999, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
I'm planning on being there. If the "infamous dead blue car" is still deserving of that name, I'll have to be an interloper in a yellow CRX.

Hey, if any of you want to get together sometime just to gab, shoot me an e-mail.

--DD
Old 12-16-1999, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: