Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
got my first "where's the engine" today

I got my windshield in last night and took the car to town today to fill it up with gas. When I got there a guy asked me where the engine was and another came over to tell me how his buddy puts V8's in em. And the thing's not even close to bein done. My truck's loud, but I'm not used to so much attention...

WSU Formula SAE
Drivetrain team leader/ Suspension team
http://www.mme.wsu.edu/~sae/
Old 09-20-2003, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Talking theeres nothing like a 914 drive=====

I get at least one comment from a stranger almost EVERY TIME (!) I take my car out. Yesterday my son and I took it to the grocery store and the attendent (yeah- it's one of "those" stores) couldn't understand why we were opening the front as she pushed the buggy around to the back. I really don't like to try to equate it with other porsches because it is just so ... different. I think my car really does drive more like a 7/8ths scale 911 than some 911 owners like to admit. Even down to the thickness of the panels (7/8ths) and mass of the components (7/8ths). Horsepower (7/8ths) and weight (probably better than 7/8ths).
What else is on the project list? And i'm curious about the loudness statement- was it just a comparison of attention generating, or is yer car really that loud (mine is).

My gallery page
Old 09-20-2003, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
no my truck's really loud, the car's about average I guess. I like it any way. It's just when people see it they wanna get a better look, not because it's loud or anything. Drove it like 40 miles today and that was in between finishing up a bunch of smaller projects. I'm gonna start driving it 30 miles each way to school monday so I wanna make sure everything's good to go.

WSU Formula SAE
Drivetrain team leader/ Suspension team
http://www.mme.wsu.edu/~sae/
Old 09-20-2003, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah, the teener is 'loud' ... figuratively, and literally (mine is, anyway).

My favorite moment was when my buddy's girlfriend saw my 914 for the first time and asked me if she could drive it. He had just gotten a brand new M3 and his comment to me was 'she never asked if she could drive my car!'

My 914 is pretty loud, too. On par with some of the bikes that cruise through our neighborhood. My wife didn't like me driving it to her house when we were dating because I'd leave late and invariably wake her neighbors.

Ed M.
'74 914 2.?L
Old 09-21-2003, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: