Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

contemplating AA product

AA has recently put fiberglass quarter panels with flares on their site for $650 for a set of 4. Has anyone had any experience with these? AA has a terrible reputation so does anyone know another source for the same product?Thanx

'73 2.0 914
Old 12-06-1999, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
Is there a reason you need to replace your whole quarter panel? (severe rust or damage?) It's no more or less work to install the flares than the whole panel. The weight savings isn't worth mentioning. And the structurual integrity is retained. Use the flares, save the car and the money.

P.S. Pelican sells the flares and their service is outstanding.

[This message has been edited by rich (edited 12-06-1999).]
Old 12-06-1999, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I ordered fiberglass rocker panel covers from AA because they were cheap. Everything bad I heard was true. They gave me the run around for a month, each person would tell me somthing different. I finally canceled my order. I should have ordered it from a real supplier like Pelican, but I was trying to save $20. Sometimes Its good to punish yourself to remember why and what the "A" really stands for.
Old 12-07-1999, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I've yet to buy anything from AA. However if you are the "Largest supplier of 914 parts in the world" then you could at least afford to get your catalog up on the net. I've been into this for 10-12 months and AA online catalog is just plain ugly. I have ordered everything from PP soley from what I have heard around. Plus the group at PP is soooo helpful and they have this very cool site.
Old 12-07-1999, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

As nearly everybody knows, AA has a major habit of not having 80% of the stuff in their web site or catalog in stock. Even the "new" or "special" items...they don't have. I am STILL WAITING on a small order from 6 weeks ago...shoulda known and stuck with PP!!!!
Old 12-08-1999, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Just to add to the list of reasons not to go AA, I ordered a bunch of stuff from them last summer, they double billed me for 3/4 of the items I purchased (all the pricey things of course) and did not include all of the parts in the kits that I had ordered. They also sent me the wrong parts, even after I expressly told them what I wanted (plastic VDO holder to fit my three guages removed from the center console)

I have used both Performance products and Pelican parts and have been very happy with both..

-M.Sill
Old 12-16-1999, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
If PP dosen't have it, you might want to check with GT Racing. I know they at least have the rear pair. I would forget about AA!

Thanks!
Old 12-17-1999, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Not to start an AA bash-fest but y'all should see the place. Being local I've gone out there and for those experincing ording problems. . . Well if you're ever on-site the word would be, "DUH!"

I'd advise looking at Pelican, Otto's, CB Perf., and Automotion. Between all of those folks you can build a 914 from parts.

Ian

BTW PELICAN ROCKS!
Old 12-17-1999, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: