Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

wiper arms

Why doesnt my Wiper arms fit. The PO has a rubber spacer, Body sheet metel, another rubber spacer, a chrome washer that fits over the rubber spacer, a thin locking nut and a small nut at the end of the pivet (I would assume to hold the wiper arm on). After removing that nut I tried to put the arm over the pivet and the hole in the wiper arm is too small to fit over the pivets threaded part. These are the arms I fouind in the front trunch and assume they are the correct ones. Thgese arms look like the ones in all 914 pictures, over the hole there are small plastic blugs that are hard to pop out that would cover bthe screw.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Check out para. # 36 on page 130 of the Haynes manual. Also, photo # 36.3 on page 132. Should help you figure it out.

philinjax
Old 09-24-2003, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Wipers? Who needs wipers? I thought that's why the windshield was so small, so you could reach around the A-column with a rag....
Old 09-25-2003, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Make sure you have flipped the hinged part so it is in the "up" position (when it was on the car), otherwise you will not be able to get the wiper base to push down on the shaft.

My gallery page
Old 09-25-2003, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The wipers wont even fit over the screw part ov the pivet, The hole on the wiper base is to small. Is there a part number on the wiper arm to see if these are indeed the right ones
Old 09-26-2003, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I guess the wipers were not on the car whaen you got it? There might be a part number out there somewhere, and it might be stamped on the wiper arms, but I don't know. I know one arm is straight and the other has a 15 or 20 degree angle four or five inches from the blade attachment.

My gallery page
Old 09-26-2003, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: