Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I did it again

Well... i have been burned yet again. See, my problem is that I always give people too many chances to screw up. In this case... its the notorious AA (again).

Now, I have been buying from them for over 15 years because they are local and generally have the parts I need (when I dont want to wait for the shipping from CA)... but most of the time I wish I had gone elsewhere... to Pelican of course.

In this case, I was desperate for a valve cover gasket set for my teener (that means 2 gaskets, right?). So, the most obvious choice was the local Porsche dealer, then local VW speed shops... still no avail. So I reluctantly called the doc. They of course had them in stock and for a reasonable price. So I placed the phone order last wed and expected them to arrive by general mail within a day or two (again, I live only 1 zip code away, but is not worth the weekday traffic to drive there and pick it up).

I get a message at home later that day mentioning that they will not fill the order due to a $25 minimum. So... frustrated and kicking myself for thinking they could have changed their habits or customer service, I went out and found another set and install it on the weekend.

Yesterday (a week later), to my suprise... I see a FedEX package at my door from AA.
Inside: 1 valve cover gasket! (not 2 mind you)
Shipping: $6.10

So essentially, they decided without my knowledge to reverse their decision and fulfill my order over a week late, ship me 1/2 the order, and charge me 1 day FedEX shipping (which was 200% the cost of a gasket). Its not even worth my time to return it... for what Im sure is a 15-20% restocking fee. I'll put it in the bin with my 911 headlight washers they had shipped me (instead of the 951s I ordered a couple years ago).

I hope it was worth it to make the $5 to piss off a customer they have had for almost 2 decades. Good job AA... and lesson learned (again). I know you guys wouldnt have done this.
03-M3
http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/castlesteve/
Old 09-25-2003, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Whoa, you need to find a VW shop that sells type four stuff bad! I used to buy those gaskets in bunbles of 10 for 0.80 each at V-Parts a local parts house. Good luck
Old 09-25-2003, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

try (performance products.com)......(tweeks.con)...PELICAN PARTS....(partsheavin.com)....for get AA....i order stuffff from tweeks and get it 2 days later.....
Old 09-26-2003, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

I don't think your local Porsche dealer was trying hard enough. My P-car mechanic gets his parts from Porsche and so far he has been able to get me everything I needed for my 914.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
you're right there.

local dealer pretty much said they wont stock 914 items... not even standard tune up items. They always refer me to AA...

I just need to plan ahead a little better
03-M3
http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/castlesteve/
Old 09-26-2003, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I've ordered two items from AA & both items were the wrong parts. I don't buy there any more - no mater how tempting it is.

I just wish I could find a way to filter them out of E-Bay since every other part is from them.
'16 BMW R Nine T (the fun one) & '17 BMW G310R
Old 09-26-2003, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I've had nothing but trouble when I order from AA. Shipment is a crap shoot. You might get your parts in two to 3 days - and it might be two to three months. What a joke. I second the Type 4 parts houses. Nothing against PP, they've supplied most everthing my car has needed since 1999, but when you find new parts for cheaper prices - local - it's the smart thing to do.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: