Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Last Picts from Six Conversion

Here are the last picts from the six conversion on my race car. The oil tank and vent tank were moved to the rear trunk and the feed line is only about 12 inches long (dash -24). The vent has a small hole underneath so I can drain the oil blow by out. The oil filter was moved to the upper engine compt so it would be easy to get to and the oil lines are wrapped with some aluminum bascked glass heat shield material and give off little heat to the upper compt. One pict shows the starter button we wired into the electrical kill switch so I can start the engine from the rear and watch what is happening on startup. We had the engine at the dyno shop last week to get the jetting and timming straightened out and it makes 186 HP at the rear wheels at 7000 RPM, not bad for a 2 liter six with some internal tweeking. Power doesn't exist until 4000 RPM though so it will be a lot different than a stroker 4!!
Old 09-27-2003, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Here's the rest.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

John,

thats some nice power...
how significant are the "few internal tweeks"?

brant
Old 09-27-2003, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hey John, Lookin good!............you've did quite a bit to it since the last time I saw her

"I like the way she doesn't move in the curve's... and then she let's go!"
Old 09-27-2003, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks Kenny, it has been a project I'll say! The engine is based on a 911S motor with flowed heads, larger titanium valves, 10.5:1 compression(about), GTS cams, balanced, and all the usual case mods to the case to improve longevity. The engine was built and used in a vintage race last year and the owner thought it was too tame so he switched to a 2.8l RSR motor and this one sat for a while so I bought it when we broke the top off a conencting rod at Fontana the year! Should be much more reliable in the long run!!
Old 09-27-2003, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: