Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Andy Somnifac
Engine Mount Bracket question

I'm in the process of doing a tail -> side shift conversion on my '71 914. Right now the major sticking point is gathering the bracketry that's needed. I see that I need to swap fom the single bracket that connects the mount bar to the engine to 2 brackets that mount the later style mount bar to the engine. I've found these parts at AA and they want $82.50 each new, or $40 each used. I don't see how it's possible for 2 small (but yes, I know they're important) brackets to cost this much.

Are there any other sources for these brackets (I'd call Pelican, but they're closed at the moment), or is there any way to modify the existing bracket to accomodate the new bar and motor mounts? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank,
Andy
http://www.somnifacient.us
Old 09-27-2003, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
What I would do is to place a wanted ad on the for sale section of this BBS. I may even have some here somewhere. I will have to look. I would not buy anything from AA. Unless you want to wait about 45 days to get your parts and pay way too much for thrashed used parts. Have you seen their idea of good used parts? Look at some of their cars they say are good drivable restorable cars. Total rust buckets that have dents everywhere and tons of parts missing. But to them, that is a good rebuildable car.

75 Slantnose V8
03 S-10 Extended cab stepside in Yellow
72 914 Parts car
Old 09-27-2003, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by skline
What I would do is to place a wanted ad on the for sale section of this BBS. I may even have some here somewhere. I will have to look. I would not buy anything from AA. Unless you want to wait about 45 days to get your parts and pay way too much for thrashed used parts. Have you seen their idea of good used parts? Look at some of their cars they say are good drivable restorable cars. Total rust buckets that have dents everywhere and tons of parts missing. But to them, that is a good rebuildable car.
I can't argue with the assessment of AA. That's why I want to go else where with my money. If you had a pair to sell, I'd definitely be in your debt.

Andy
Old 09-27-2003, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Another place to check is the http://forums.pelicanparts.com/914club.com want ads/classified ads.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-27-2003, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I found a set, thanks to all who emailed me.

Andy
Old 09-28-2003, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: